shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Question

Sparklesus

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Am about to purchase a .91 Radiant and wondered if anyone had an opinion on the following spec. I'm in Australia, buying from America, so would like to be confident in my biggest online purchase to date! I have read so much info on this site, I'm dreaming about depths, tables and pavilions. Now, I know most people will agree a radiant needs to be seen, however, there is a seemingly faultless return... Worst case ;-) plus, same spec diamond is double here in Western Australia!!
Here goes:
Specifications

Shape: Radiant
Cut: Excellent
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 66.6
Table: 71
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Girdle: Medium
Culet:
Measurements: 5.94*5.33*3.55

I understand the depth is ok, how about the table though? Too large? Does that mean the spread is small? I'm happy enough with the measurements....,I think. Any advice would be great. Thanks

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really, REALLY cannot determine anything about a radiant's light performance by the numbers. It could be good, it could be a dog. If you're definitely buying it, keep the return in mind and post pictures when you get it. If you really want to cover your bases, order an ASET scope.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparklesus,

I would definitely recommend checking with the vendors who have additional information (James Allen, Brian Gavin, Good Old Gold, etc.) to see if they have anything in your budget before ordering sight unseen. Can we help you find any alternatives, just in case?

Sparklesus

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replies. It's from James Allen, I didn't know I could ask them for an ASET, I'll do that today. I will definitely be buying from a PS recommended vendor.

I'm looking for a Radiant, .90+, D, E or F, VS2 or above, with an excellent cut, am leaning towards a rectangular but love the square too. I also want 'sparkle'.

Budget wise - a stone like that here in Australia, even online, is at least $6k.
I'd be thrilled if I could get it for around $4k.

I have chosen the setting here in Perth, which is a combo of two settings in a very reputable jewelers. I thought finding the setting would be harder than finding the stone.....how wrong was I? :shock:

Sparklesus

Rough_Rock
Hello again,

I've just received a quote from a reputable vendor here in Perth. I love the Flanders cut as much as the Radiant. Any thoughts on the specs? I forgot to mention ....with regards to budget - I'm an Irish resident - so will be able to claim GST back on a purchase here in Australia , so am taking that into account here as well.
CFLH82004 Internationally certified by HRD .79 carat flanders cut diamond of G colour and VS2 clarity. The finish polish is excellent and the symmetry is very good. The retail price for this diamond is $5330 - 10% = $4,800 (Slightly over budget, but less risky than online as I get to see it)

Measurements: 5.99*5.95*3.71 (Does this sound like a decent spread for weight?)
Cutlet: Pointed
Depth: 62.3%
Table: 55% (Is this too low? - Should it be between 60&65?)
Cr Height: 15%
Pav Depth:42.5%

Any advice appreciated!

Sparklesus

Rough_Rock
Hi EB,
Thanks for that. A beauty from Brian Gavin there!! That one is better quality, and being $300 cheaper,that would pay for the return post if needed! I'll go view the Flanders tomorrow and see how I feel about that. Glad it at least sounds promising. When I go to view it should I be asking to see aset scope or anything? I've viewed some a few weeks ago....pre pricescope, and knew nothing, I'll check the forum and see if I can find any 'viewing' tips!

I'll report back after I see it! Cheers

E B

Ideal_Rock
Sparklesus|1344511494|3248405 said:
Hi EB,
Thanks for that. A beauty from Brian Gavin there!! That one is better quality, and being $300 cheaper,that would pay for the return post if needed! I'll go view the Flanders tomorrow and see how I feel about that. Glad it at least sounds promising. When I go to view it should I be asking to see aset scope or anything? I've viewed some a few weeks ago....pre pricescope, and knew nothing, I'll check the forum and see if I can find any 'viewing' tips!

I'll report back after I see it! Cheers

Yes, please report back! The Flanders cut appears to be rare here in the US, but is supposed to be a beautiful cut. Let us know what you think! What setting have you chosen?

Sparklesus

Rough_Rock
http://www.perfectring.ie/Engagement-Rings/Diamond-Rings/Pearl_Perfect_Design_Room__-_Bellina_Princess_Accents_Engagement_Ring-1172.aspx

Sorry, can't upload a picture from my phone! This is very close to the setting! It's the first setting I fell in love with months back, haven't seen anything come close to it. Was initially dead set on the princess stone but after trying on lots, thought it was a bit severe/didn't quite suit my hand. I liked the shape, just not the corners! Hence the radiant/Flanders decision!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results