Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant or cushion sidestones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I am thinking of adding sidestones to my asscher solitaire. I would like a 3-stone setting, but instead of asschers on the side, I am wondering how two square radiants or square cushions would look ... any thoughts? Does anyone know of a website where I could design this type of ring & have a visual come up?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually prefer step cut side stones with step cut center stones. However, if you do want to go with brilliant cut side stones I would definitely go for the radiant side stones over the cushion side stones. I think the straight edges will look best together.

I looked on Leon Mege''s website and he does have one three stone ring with an east/west set emerald with half moons (which are brilliant cut)...maybe that will give you a better idea of the look?

Or maybe one of the Photoshop artists here on Pricescope can make you a mock up?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too tend to prefer step cut sides with a step cut center. If you want brilliant cut stones, I do think the shape of the radiant would go nicely with the asscher.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do step moons if you can find ''em :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was considering something with step sidestones, like this setting with step kites: http://www.steindiamonds.com/popup_settings_angles.asp?product_id=62

But my friend actually has an asscher with two princess sidestones that I love, so I was thinking that the brilliant cut sidestones may give the asscher a little more"oomph", but hopefully without detracting from teh asscher. Plus, I''m looking for something with smaller sidestones, no more than .5 carats each.

Thanks for your feedback!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 5:41:07 PM
Author:vespergirl
Hi all,

I am thinking of adding sidestones to my asscher solitaire. I would like a 3-stone setting, but instead of asschers on the side, I am wondering how two square radiants or square cushions would look ... any thoughts? Does anyone know of a website where I could design this type of ring & have a visual come up?
I think this link may work for you...in the design gallery section. It''s been a while since I have used it so I hope it still has the design section. I always need visuals...I don''t do well just trying to imagine things.

http://www.adiamondisforever.com/

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.