shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant or cushion sidestones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I am thinking of adding sidestones to my asscher solitaire. I would like a 3-stone setting, but instead of asschers on the side, I am wondering how two square radiants or square cushions would look ... any thoughts? Does anyone know of a website where I could design this type of ring & have a visual come up?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually prefer step cut side stones with step cut center stones. However, if you do want to go with brilliant cut side stones I would definitely go for the radiant side stones over the cushion side stones. I think the straight edges will look best together.

I looked on Leon Mege''s website and he does have one three stone ring with an east/west set emerald with half moons (which are brilliant cut)...maybe that will give you a better idea of the look?

Or maybe one of the Photoshop artists here on Pricescope can make you a mock up?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too tend to prefer step cut sides with a step cut center. If you want brilliant cut stones, I do think the shape of the radiant would go nicely with the asscher.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do step moons if you can find ''em :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was considering something with step sidestones, like this setting with step kites: http://www.steindiamonds.com/popup_settings_angles.asp?product_id=62

But my friend actually has an asscher with two princess sidestones that I love, so I was thinking that the brilliant cut sidestones may give the asscher a little more"oomph", but hopefully without detracting from teh asscher. Plus, I''m looking for something with smaller sidestones, no more than .5 carats each.

Thanks for your feedback!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 5:41:07 PM
Author:vespergirl
Hi all,

I am thinking of adding sidestones to my asscher solitaire. I would like a 3-stone setting, but instead of asschers on the side, I am wondering how two square radiants or square cushions would look ... any thoughts? Does anyone know of a website where I could design this type of ring & have a visual come up?
I think this link may work for you...in the design gallery section. It''s been a while since I have used it so I hope it still has the design section. I always need visuals...I don''t do well just trying to imagine things.

http://www.adiamondisforever.com/

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results