shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant - Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doogie

Rough_Rock
I am looking at 3 diamonds - could you please tell me your opinion:2.52 F VVS2, 73 depth, 70 table, vs culet, stk-tk, vg pol, gd sym, no flor, 9.24x6.64x4.86 radiant, $20,000+1.76 G IF, 72.3 dep, 69 tab, no cul, tk-vtk, gd, gd, no flo, 8.23x5.842.05 G VVS2, 69 depth, 73 tab, no cul, stk-tk, gd, gd, no flo, 6.62x8.43x4.57 $14,000+I prefer the more rectangular shaped radiants. Could you please tell me your opinion as to these stones. Is the depth and table too high? I have gone on the gem appraisers website but am confused as to the best numbers. I know there is no "ideal" d/t for fancies. Is the 65% range better? Also do you know any appraisers in st. louis, MO?Thank you for all of your help. This website has been a tremendous asset!!!!

Hi doogie!A very important factor when considering your purchase is who graded these diamonds. Are they GIA certified, or EGL, HRD, IGI?

Great! GIA is number one! A summary of the numbers is;International fine trade cut; Table should be between 58%-69% and Depth between 58%-69%. Average cut; Table between 53%-57.9% and 69.1%-76% and Depth between 56.0%-57.9% and 69.1%-78%. Basically these three stones you are looking at are all an average cut.Now, average cut is good cut, in my opinion. Probably the majority of good-looking Radiant-cut diamonds around have this type of cut, since it is more difficult to get a class 2A, 2B cut.In the 2.52 F, VVS2 the VERY GOOD polish definitely helps the visual appearance.And then again, I personally can never stand the pull of an IF diamond! Just KNOWING it is IF gives you pleasure!And the third stone has very impressive measurements, so you could spend a lot less than the first one, and almost get the same size "look".Have you seen these three, or are you picking them through the Internet? Internet always has better prices than regular stores, and you can always check the sellers policies on returns if you are not satisfied, or could use an escrow service to aide in the transaction. You forgot to mention the price on the IF stone, so we could all see what is the better "deal" with regards to pricing!GOOLUCK!

doogie

Rough_Rock
These are all GIA certified.
Thank you

moediamond

Rough_Rock
HI Doogie,There are a few in the Flawless GIA ideal cut range that are available.
For example,
G
IF
61.7 depth
67 table
good polish & sym
no fluorand # 22.02
G
IF
66.5 depth
69 table
VG polish & sym
no fluorPlease email for more info.
Moediamond, GG and JBT member

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results