shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Lovers - Love to Hear your Thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bethan

Rough_Rock
I think we found a gem... but I''d like to be sure.

First of all this an EGL certified diamond and we will be getting an independent appraisal once we are sure we want this one.

To the naked eye we really like this diamond. It has one visible inclusion that you have to hunt for which is a small white feather on one edge that sits in a spot that makes it look, once you find it, like it''s light coming from the center.
Other than that, it is a brilliant dazzler and for the first time, after we''ve looked for months, both my FH and I both said "We love it!"

Here is the Sarin report we just got.
Please let me know if anything seems off to anyone. They are asking $9500 for this stone:

Rectangular Radiant
Clarity SI2
Color H
L/W Ratio 1.22
Weight 2.02 Ct
Measurements 6.7 X 8.15 mm
Crown Angle 29.5 degrees
Crown Height 7.2 % (.48 mm)
Pavillion Depth 54% (3.62 mm)
Culet 1.1 % (.08 mm)
Table Size 77% (5.15 mm)
Total Depth 65.5% (4.39 mm)
Girdle Thickness 2.4% (.16 mm)

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, you have seen this stone, and it seems like you like it a lot, so you can totally disregard anything I say. The table size seems very large on this stone and that can make it look glassy instead of sparkly. The crown height is also low on this diamond, and that may also affect the brilliance. You did say this looked like it is a brilliant sparkler, so maybe the numbers are wrong in this case. I am a bit concerned also with the EGL report, but since you will be getting an appraisal, you will be able to see if it''s accurate. I posted pics of my radiant, and I happen to think it''s a good example of a generic radiant, so if you want, you can compare the one you may buy with mine and see if it compares well.

Also, here''s some that I found here on a search that may be worth checking out:

http://www.nicerings.com/a_diamond_info.php?products_id=508624

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=3551550&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=6081282&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

bethan

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Any thoughts on that pricing. Seemed comprarable to what you were showing as alternatives?
I will look at the items you mentioned more closely.
I am set on buying a diamond I can see -- I''ve seen enough of them now to know that the numbers tell me nothing unless I see it in person.
Thanks again!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
The pricing seems in line with what it should be for a stone like this. I understand wanting to buy a diamond in person rather than going by the numbers, but for me online was better. I don''t like going into jewelry stores and either being pressured into buying something or totally ignored. There seems to be no happy medium, and of the diamonds that I have seen in jewelry stores, most times they aren''t well-cut. There seems to be a larger number of well-cut diamonds online.
Some jewelers also have access to the stonest that appear here on a search, so keep that in mind. If you find a stone on here that you like, your jeweler may be able to get this stone in for you to see. I haven''t done this personally, but I remember a few people posting about doing that.
I hope you get a few more replies, but it seems that I''m the only one left that responds to posts about radiants. I''m far from an expert though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats because you do a good job helping people out with Radiants Coda and not many of us know much about them!

Bethan, as Coda says the eyes are best to evaluate diamonds, particularly Radiants. The numbers are useful, particularly if buying online you need them, but if you have seen this diamond, you both said " we love it" then maybe that''s the right diamond! Get an independant appraisal, particularly with an EGL cert to make sure it checks out then you are fine. Is the cert EGL USA? The inclusion may be prongable in which case you are set too
1.gif
Good luck and don''t forget the pics if you get it, we need more Radiants around here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results