Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has grace and style
Is proud, yet always friendly

Yesterday I collected my new ring from
Alistair Kelsey with a purple garnet from
Jeff White. I am super happy and amazed
to see the stone and setting in real life.

The ring is made in platinum and has the
most amazing curves. The stone is a
saturated warm purple.

The curvy setting has a great presence and
is substantial. Yet it exposes the stone in a
great way

On to the pics: first the vendor pics by
Alistair Kelsey. He created the Radiance
setting especially for this stone:

_4481.jpeg

_4482.jpeg

_4483.jpeg

_4485.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone
I saw the purple garnet on Jeff's
FB and immediately loved it!
I was so glad I was able to acquire
it later.

The stone is 9.01 mm and 5.86 ct.

The Journal of Gemmology
published an article on this particular
rough and it has my stone as a cover
model!

_4486.jpeg

_4487.jpeg

_4488.jpeg

_4489.jpeg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
So sleek looking Acinom - a little Sholdt-like perhaps. The purple and platinum play off each other beautifully and I love the shadow play captured by the vendor's photos. Can't wait till you go mad with the hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff's (now mine) purple garnet on
the cover of the Journal of Gemmology!

_4490.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1467184297|4049572 said:
So sleek looking Acinom - a little Sholdt-like perhaps. The purple and platinum play off each other beautifully and I love the shadow play captured by the vendor's photos. Can't wait till you go mad with the hand shots!

Thank you Polished :wavey: . The curves and shadow play are amazing. Alistair did such an amazing job on the curvy shoulders of the ring. He truly does magic with metal. The setting is made in 18kt white gold.

Here are some pics I took yesterday after I collected the ring. If the weather improves, I will make some more pics today.

_4491.jpeg

_4492.jpeg

_4493.jpeg

_4494.jpeg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love this, it is like a Sholdt bezel but so much more sophisticated. :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!! I love everything about this ring. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4 said:
I love this, it is like a Sholdt bezel but so much more sophisticated. :love: :love:
Aww, thank you lknvrb4 :wavey:. That's a huge compliment.

Siameseroo said:
Spectacular!! I love everything about this ring. :love:
So glad you love this one too Siameseroo :D. Thank you for your kind words.

_4503.jpeg

_4504.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more pics I took yesterday:

_4505.jpeg

_4506.jpeg

_4507.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, your gem looks like delicious grape juice. Thank you for sharing the new photos. :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful garnet and I love how open the setting is, it really shows off the stone. The white gold compliments the rich purple so nicely and it looks perfect on your finger! Congrats Acinom!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems said:
Beautiful ring, your gem looks like delicious grape juice. Thank you for sharing the new photos. :appl:

Thank you Lovinggems :wavey:

picante27 said:
Such a beautiful garnet and I love how open the setting is, it really shows off the stone. The white gold compliments the rich purple so nicely and it looks perfect on your finger! Congrats Acinom!

Thanks picante. Yes, how the setting shows off the ring. I love Alistair's work.

In total I have received three boxes from Australia this time: :naughty:
I love that - while they are so different - there is a clear 'Alistair Kelsey style'.

_4508.jpeg

_4509.jpeg

_4510.jpeg

_4511.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all so gorgeous. I feel like I've been waiting forever to see your purple garnet ring...and it was worth the wait. :lickout:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The stone seems alive. :shock: The setting too. Like it's not solid. Congratulation Acinom! Another stunner to add to your amazing collection.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting, Acinom!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this one even more in person than in the pics! Somehow the stone is so much more lively IRL! and happy to finally see hand shots of this incredible setting, a real work of art!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely delicious. It's like one of those hard plum candies :love:. And super sleek setting. Real eye catcher :lickout:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That beauty is stunning in every way! Enjoy wearing it!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Acinmom, I absolutely love the color. You are so lucky!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It indeed took a while elle, because I wanted to combine the shipping. It was well worth the wait indeed!! The ring is more beautiful than I could imagine, based on the photo's.
The shoulders look like a liquid drops of water, don't they LLJsmom. It's amazing what Alistair can do with metal. He seems to fold it like a piece of fabric.
Thank you for your kind words luv2sparkle, telephone, VRBeauty,
Till sofar the stone choices seem to work out fine lovedogs. I already loved the stone in the photo's but it's indeed more lively in real life.
It's quite an edible color in real life Confection. Super happy with my ring.
I am indeed thrilled that I have been able to purchase this stone GemQueen. I could not view it prior to setting but it worked out great!

_4527.jpeg

_4528.jpeg

_4529.jpeg

_4530.jpeg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful- I love your ring from every angle. A beauty and marvel. :love: :love: :love:

I agree with you on the liquid fluidity of the metal, and love the substance of the ring.

All the rings and gems are lovely, and thank you for taking such gorgeous photos as well as sharing the journey of the ring... I love that part!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is AMAZING & the setting is just a beautiful work of art!! :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice curves! I love the prongs too...the color is amazing!!!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous - so simple and elegant. :appl: :love:

marym

Shiny_Rock
I love the garment and the sleek setting. You have such an incredible collection!! This ring is so scrumptious- :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I have commented elsewhere, all three AK rings are stunning, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose said:
Beautiful- I love your ring from every angle. A beauty and marvel. :love: :love: :love:

I agree with you on the liquid fluidity of the metal, and love the substance of the ring.

All the rings and gems are lovely, and thank you for taking such gorgeous photos as well as sharing the journey of the ring... I love that part!!!!
Aww, thank you so much Apacherose. And thamk you for mentioning that my iPhone pics are gorgeous :lol: I love sharing the pics and stories as well as admiring the pieces from fellow PS-ers. I love how we inspire each other.

Alex T said:
That stone is AMAZING & the setting is just a beautiful work of art!! :love: :love:
Thank you Alex!! I have sent Alistair the link to this thrrad and I hope he sees and reads the compliments on his beautiful work :appl:

tyty333 said:
Very nice curves! I love the prongs too...the color is amazing!!!
tyty: I love how the work of such talented artists come together in one piece. Thank you!!!

Queenie60 said:
Gorgeous - so simple and elegant. :appl: :love:
Thank you Queenie: I know that this ring is a challenge technically and yet it radiates effortless chique. Amazing work by AK.

marym said:
I love the garment and the sleek setting. You have such an incredible collection!! This ring is so scrumptious- :love:
Ah, thank you Marym!!! Super happy with and grateful for my PS collection.

dk168 said:
As I have commented elsewhere, all three AK rings are stunning, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:
Thank you for your kind words dk. And you are most welcome. I love receiving and sharing inspiration.

_4531.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1467184344|4049573 said:
Jeff's (now mine) purple garnet on
the cover of the Journal of Gemmology!

How cool is that?!?
Beautiful ring(s)!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
oooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I love this hefty, curvy, super sexy setting! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results