shape
carat
color
clarity

Quiz time...whats wrong with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelerman - do you mean special coins in precious metals, or any coins?

I like some of the Bulgari rings/earrings with ancient Roman or Greek silver coins, and I love (but find waaaaay too expensive) pieces made with emeralds and 16th/17th century gold coins. Modern coins... not so much. DW inherited a pendant with a Mexican xxx
27.gif
, but it was so big and goofy that we took it apart and the coin is now loose. Will post a picture once your question is answered.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well, I''ll assume precious metals... blast time zone differences

1. $10 "Eagle"; gold - Eagle on branch/Indian (native American) head
2. Krugerrand; gold - Springbok/Paul Kruger head
3. 12 roubles; platinum/gold - Double eagle/value and weight of platinum and gold (yum! - only country ever to have platinum coins as circulating tender)
4. $50; pure gold (99.9%) - Maple Leaf/Queen Elizabeth II head
5. 20 Francs - Coat of arms/Napoleon III head
6. 20 yen; gold - rising sun in chrysantemum outline/floral wreath with chrysantemum (symbol of the imperial house) - now worth several million yen!
7. Veinte pesos; gold - Aztec calendar (Piedra del sol)/golden eagle devouring snake

Depending on date of issue, there may be coins with different images but the same face value and metal.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2009 12:58:45 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 1/1/2009 11:33:11 PM
Author: marcyc

Date: 1/1/2009 11:21:45 PM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 1/1/2009 10:15:54 PM
Author: marcyc
What is the largest faceted diamond in the world?
The Golden Jubilee at 545.67...trumps the Cullinan for size but is brown in color and of course the Cullinan is white.I believe the Cullinan is still the largest cut white diamond.
That''s right. It''s pretty isn''t it?
by the way...i love the color of the Golden Jubilee!
The color is amazing.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results