shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick lightbox review: cushion pendant, cushion studs, round studs; all white

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
I have no pictures, I'm sorry! A quick review in case anyone finds it helpful. I ordered 2x cushion cut pendants, the 1ctw round studs and the 1ctw cushion studs.

The rounds are cut nicely and are bright (maybe less contrast and fire are more bright white light) but they look good. I'm not a fan of martini settings so not sure if I'll keep these. Color looks good, haven't looked closely but i'd guess maybe G. They look like nice earrings on. I'm considering keeping them as a pair I don't need to worry about.

Cushion cut studs: the shape is great, I really like the nsew prongs which go nicely with the outline, and the basket settings are good - a nice height and shape. They face up smaller than the rounds. The pair is maybe a color grade off - maybe an H and I. The cut isn't great - they don't sparkle that much, and are particularly dull under the table. They're underwhelming on and look like they could be synthetics. These went back.

Cushion cut pendants: same as the smaller stones (darker than the rounds, not a great cut, dead under the table), though because they're larger they sparkle more, but not enough and they still look fake. the setting is an issue - I don't want anything in silver because of the tarnish and that it rubs off (too much maintenance and not carefree enough for fashion jewelry). The basket setting doesn't flip much, but it's too tall/high, so the stone sits off your chest in a weird way and faces the ceiling more than someone looking at you and it has a large bar at th back that will make cleaning more difficult than it it needs to be. overall effect was it's cheap imitation. The two were the same color, I'd guess G/H. These went back.

rshrewsbury

Rough_Rock
I have no pictures, I'm sorry! A quick review in case anyone finds it helpful. I ordered 2x cushion cut pendants, the 1ctw round studs and the 1ctw cushion studs.

The rounds are cut nicely and are bright (maybe less contrast and fire are more bright white light) but they look good. I'm not a fan of martini settings so not sure if I'll keep these. Color looks good, haven't looked closely but i'd guess maybe G. They look like nice earrings on. I'm considering keeping them as a pair I don't need to worry about.

Cushion cut studs: the shape is great, I really like the nsew prongs which go nicely with the outline, and the basket settings are good - a nice height and shape. They face up smaller than the rounds. The pair is maybe a color grade off - maybe an H and I. The cut isn't great - they don't sparkle that much, and are particularly dull under the table. They're underwhelming on and look like they could be synthetics. These went back.

Cushion cut pendants: same as the smaller stones (darker than the rounds, not a great cut, dead under the table), though because they're larger they sparkle more, but not enough and they still look fake. the setting is an issue - I don't want anything in silver because of the tarnish and that it rubs off (too much maintenance and not carefree enough for fashion jewelry). The basket setting doesn't flip much, but it's too tall/high, so the stone sits off your chest in a weird way and faces the ceiling more than someone looking at you and it has a large bar at th back that will make cleaning more difficult than it it needs to be. overall effect was it's cheap imitation. The two were the same color, I'd guess G/H. These went back.

Thank you! If you land on any you like and want to keep, I’d love to see pictures. My husband got me the 5/8 cushion bracelet. It faces up small but has a ton on sparkle. I’m eventually going to have it re-set into another bracelet of some sort. I don’t like that the basket is always flipping upside down and hiding the diamond. Not sure what a better option would be at this point. :) EE99C5F0-1ACE-4254-850E-CD85E1E20F64.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback! :))

jrose42

Rough_Rock
Would either/both of you mind sharing the mm dimensions of your cushion stone? I'm thinking of ordering one to go in a setting I love from Etsy, but would like to know my odds of it fitting before I order, so I don't have to deal with a return if possible. Thanks!

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Would either/both of you mind sharing the mm dimensions of your cushion stone? I'm thinking of ordering one to go in a setting I love from Etsy, but would like to know my odds of it fitting before I order, so I don't have to deal with a return if possible. Thanks!

I didn’t end up keeping any of them, unfortunately... I was considering the round studs but found an earth mined set for the same price in a setting I preferred.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! If you land on any you like and want to keep, I’d love to see pictures. My husband got me the 5/8 cushion bracelet. It faces up small but has a ton on sparkle. I’m eventually going to have it re-set into another bracelet of some sort. I don’t like that the basket is always flipping upside down and hiding the diamond. Not sure what a better option would be at this point. :) EE99C5F0-1ACE-4254-850E-CD85E1E20F64.jpeg

What about resetting yours in a bangle, or even getting another one and having an open bangle (with diamonds where it's open, maybe even in a halo)?

@sunandsky Can you please elaborate on the stones looking fake and like imitations? I went to see the diamonds in a store and felt similarly, but they were smaller stones. Did you feel that way about any larger ones? Was it specific to the cushions, or did you feel that way about the rounds as well? Thanks!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I felt the same, I ordered some studs in two different sizes from two different vendors. I liked the smaller ones but really wanted something bigger. I didn't like the larger stones at all. I don't know if it was because they weren't super well cut or because they were lab stones or both but they were both just missing something. The small stones were white but the larger ones had a noticable brown tint (graded J). CZ's on the left, lab stones in middle and right.

I ended up with J mined stones and they are so beautiful (not pictured)! 20200219_212836.jpg

Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I felt the same, I ordered some studs in two different sizes from two different vendors. I liked the smaller ones but really wanted something bigger. I didn't like the larger stones at all. I don't know if it was because they weren't super well cut or because they were lab stones or both but they were both just missing something. The small stones were white but the larger ones had a noticable brown tint (graded J). CZ's on the left, lab stones in middle and right.

I ended up with J mined stones and they are so beautiful (not pictured)! 20200219_212836.jpg

Were any of these Lightbox?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
No, sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread! The small ones were from Loop and the middle ones were Clean Origin.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
What about resetting yours in a bangle, or even getting another one and having an open bangle (with diamonds where it's open, maybe even in a halo)?

@sunandsky Can you please elaborate on the stones looking fake and like imitations? I went to see the diamonds in a store and felt similarly, but they were smaller stones. Did you feel that way about any larger ones? Was it specific to the cushions, or did you feel that way about the rounds as well? Thanks!

I’m sorry to be slow, I missed this somehow. It was the cushions and not the rounds, and was a mix of things, I think: the cut, as you get more unusual cuts in cz, the setting of the pendant being a bit clunky/facing too “up” design, the setting being in silver, and the cushions being dead in the center - it all looked a bit too much like fashion cz for my taste.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results