shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick comparison- original moissanite vs hearts and arrows

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been a fan of moissanite for quite some time; I have an original C&C moissanite ring that has to be a decade old. Since I recently purchased a StarsGem hearts and arrows cut, I thought it’d be fun to do some comparison shots.
The ring on the bottom is an original C & C round moissanite, the top is the StarsGem hearts and arrows in their G-H color.
Sorry about my needy cat crying in the video! I promise she is well loved ;))
E9C78AE8-11C6-4AEF-8192-17F91C64C578.jpeg CDDDBF8C-675E-471C-ABBC-9A341E5EF78C.jpeg 41DC4FBA-CC1F-4105-AF28-F9EAE4429D6D.jpeg
It is interesting to compare them side by side- my original moissanite is still pretty but next to a near colorless stone, the tint is more obvious. Having it next to a hearts and arrows cut the more “splintery” pattern of the cut is more noticeable as well as the very low crown. Even the original moissanite was a pretty good diamond sim, but in the last couple of years, since the moissanite patent expired, it’s been really neat to see what other companies have done to improve color and cut while drastically reducing cost.
Anyways, hope the pics were helpful and interesting :P2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this! Very interesting. I can’t wait to get my stones! And your little kitty’s meow is so sweet :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results