shape
carat
color
clarity

questions on Twitter & how to tweet

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I don't yet understand Twitter. I made an account and signed in. Then there is a athelete I love, so I clicked "Follow". What does "Follow" do for me though? I also sent them a tweet using the box in the upper right corner. How do I know if they read it? It doesn't show on their page but does show if I click on the "Me" icon to the left of the page. Why? If they respond to it do I get a notification by e-mail? Thanks so much !

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I love Twitter. I actually deactivated my FB recently and switched over to Twitter. Not sure I'll ever go back to a personal FB account. Twitter is so much more concise, in my opinion.

So, when you follow someone, it just means that their tweets show up in your home feed. If you tweet to them, the only way you'll know if they read it is if they respond to it. You could direct message them instead, but that also doesn't guarantee your message will be read nor responded to. Keep in mind that some of the celebrity Twitter accounts are not necessarily run by the celebrity him/herself. Yes, you can set up your preferences so that you will receive email notification if your message receives a response.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not on Twitter either.

What is the advantage and how does it work?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The advantage is for someone who is building a brand. A lot of bloggers, celebrities, business owners, and organizations have Twitter accounts and it's just another way to increase visibility and try to maintain relevance.

I find that there is a lot less oversharing on Twitter, in comparison to other social media sites, which is a huge advantage to me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
sonomacounty|1388623321|3584510 said:
I don't yet understand Twitter. I made an account and signed in. Then there is a athelete I love, so I clicked "Follow". What does "Follow" do for me though? I also sent them a tweet using the box in the upper right corner. How do I know if they read it? It doesn't show on their page but does show if I click on the "Me" icon to the left of the page. Why? If they respond to it do I get a notification by e-mail? Thanks so much !
Following them means you can see their tweets. If they were to return follow you, they can see yours then, too. Since you sent him that tweet, you won't really know if they saw it, but assuming he's an athlete and famous, you'd never know unless he replied, which is one in a million considering how many they get.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very, very much! I getcit now! Ya'll are the best.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results