shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about CBI Stones?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

When looking at CBI stones do you still pay close attention to all the numbers and photos? Or not as closely because you know you are getting a top notch stone?

I’m looking for a stone (this site is DANGEROUS :lol:) less than a carat for either a RHR (non ER style- I have an ER already) or to wear as a pendant. Around 4K or less. I’m in no rush either.

Color: G-I
Carat: .70
Clarity: any

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
From everything I've read and the glowing testimonials of CBI owners on PS, I think you are good with whichever you choose! Also, they have fab upgrade, I believe, so if you decide you want to upgrade, it is easy to do so.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be happy with any CBI diamond.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yup all of them are good! I started out with a .75ct H VS1, then 1.76 H VS2, my current is 1.80 G VS2 and finally I’m waiting for a “now being crafted” stone 2.02 G SI1. It’s actually TOO easy to upgrade!! Even living in Canada and taking into account shipping, customs, taxes, exchange rate etc.....

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without doubt, I think any CBI you pick will be gorgeous. They are meticulous in their cutting and I truly believe they maximize beauty in every stone they produce. I've even heard the spill about how each stone is maximized in 3D space to look and perform equally with their other stones.

That's great. But if you throw up @cflutist E VS1 CBI with teeny tiny 54 table and 34.5/40.8 I'm going to fight you to the death for it. :lol:

If you look at her collection, she stays very near those proportions and all her stones are gorgeous and definitely amongst my personal favorite on here. This isn't to say stones with different proportions aren't great, but those hit my sweet spot and what I would be seeking if I were looking.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Without doubt, I think any CBI you pick will be gorgeous. They are meticulous in their cutting and I truly believe they maximize beauty in every stone they produce. I've even heard the spill about how each stone is maximized in 3D space to look and perform equally with their other stones.

That's great. But if you throw up @cflutist E VS1 CBI with teeny tiny 54 table and 34.5/40.8 I'm going to fight you to the death for it. :lol:

If you look at her collection, she stays very near those proportions and all her stones are gorgeous and definitely amongst my personal favorite on here. This isn't to say stones with different proportions aren't great, but those hit my sweet spot and what I would be seeking if I were looking.

LOL well finding a 54 table in a smaller carat weight has been challenging. I keep hearing all about smaller tables so my curiosity is getting the best of me to say the least. Ha! I just purchased studs so I have to cool my jets a bit. Last time I checked I didn’t have a money tree out back, sadly. :lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL well finding a 54 table in a smaller carat weight has been challenging. I keep hearing all about smaller tables so my curiosity is getting the best of me to say the least. Ha! I just purchased studs so I have to cool my jets a bit. Last time I checked I didn’t have a money tree out back, sadly. :lol:

Haha, I hear you.

Don't let my preferences sway your search. I like small tables (when combined with the right proportions) as table size decreases, the upper girdle facets increase which is where rainbow light is produced.

Reality is differences are probably minor to most people, and more of a personality preference than anything.

If you find a rockin' stone with a 56 or 57 table that fits your budget, then jump on it. Later if a stone that better suits your preferences pops up, then exercise that lifetime upgrade policy. ;)2

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I hear you.

Don't let my preferences sway your search. I like small tables (when combined with the right proportions) as table size decreases, the upper girdle facets increase which is where rainbow light is produced.

Reality is differences are probably minor to most people, and more of a personality preference than anything.

If you find a rockin' stone with a 56 or 57 table that fits your budget, then jump on it. Later if a stone that better suits your preferences pops up, then exercise that lifetime upgrade policy. ;)2

Oh absolutely! And I agree. That’s why I posed the question so when I am ready I know that I can pull the trigger on the one that falls in line with my budget.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’d love to upgrade to a CBI someday for something a bit larger but fiancé has put the kibosh on that. :roll:
I have time to wear him down. He’s just a sentimental guy and there’s nothing wrong with that.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wore this 2.35ct for 1 yr before I upgraded to a 2.60ct.

2.35ct.jpg

What a beautiful stone you had! How did you like the H color? I am a color sensitive and I color is out of the question so I have been looking for a G color but I found a diamond from CBI that is absolutely perfect...except that it is an H color. So I was wondering what you thought of yours.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone you had! How did you like the H color? I am a color sensitive and I color is out of the question so I have been looking for a G color but I found a diamond from CBI that is absolutely perfect...except that it is an H color. So I was wondering what you thought of yours.
I'm in the G/H camp. My first two CBI was H colored. I'm sporting a G color now, but if the right H color (proportion wise) came along in the future then I wouldn't mind switching back to an H. Yeah, if I had the money I'll upgrade to an F color. Color is too expensive to upgrade!...;(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

C310CDC4-BBAC-4E6E-9B83-DF9A414292BC.jpeg 5900A199-ED57-480E-9D39-D212BC6A8964.jpeg

I believe this is his.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results