shape
carat
color
clarity

Question????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Does it matter if the AGS cert on a diamond is old?
I''m not sure.
The one I looked at is from 2005 does that mean anything? Could be like stay away kind of thing?
If someone could let me know that would be great!

Thanks

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
There was a change in the AGS grading system in June 2005 which you might want to take into account. The change included the implementation of the visual performance rating and a change in the ideal cut proportions rating system. If the report indicates a grade for visual performance, it is the new format which bases the Overall Cut Grade on: Proportions; Polish; Symmetry and Visual Performance.

2005 is not that old of a report, however it is always a good idea to have the characteristics of any diamond that you buy verified by an independent Gemologist - see the Appraisers resource located at the top of this page for a directory.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mr. Gray. I really appreciate the information. The cert is done after June and it is in the new format. But I agree that an independent appraisal is a very good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results