shape
carat
color
clarity

Question regarding jewelry cleaner......

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So check this out. I have one of those fancy schmancy heated US by GemOro that I use once a week. I only use the US feature for special occasions, such as dinner with friends, wedding, etc. followed by a steam. otherwise, I will soak the jewelry once a week with the heated feature only. I use the Blitz jewelry cleaner concentrate. My question is, how often should I discard the cleaning solution? For example, after today’s soak and US, the cleaning solution was and is still very cloudy with big flecks of white stuff. I would show you a pic but it really looks nasty! And this is only after 1 week wear! But I wear my jewelry 24/7 so that is why they are so dirty. Is it ok to filter the solution using a strainer and cheesecloth or can I reuse the solution over again? Or do I just chuck the whole solution and start afresh?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I am in no way saying my way is the only way. But personally I chuck it after each use because I don't like letting liquid sit. But I fully admit to having some weird quirks. My husband when he uses it will reuse the liquid a couple times then toss unless it's really gross. :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Chuck it!
I, too, get weird about liquid sitting.
I change out the US solution every few days. And I am really careful about keeping it “clean”... what I mean by that is I rinse off my ring in hot water before putting it in the US.
I also do not wear my ring 24/7.
If the water is that dirty, you aren’t really cleaning anything.
And it would seem to me there could be a bacteria issue.
I also keep a cover on the solution that is in the machine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results