shape
carat
color
clarity

Question regarding Jewelers Experience in Chicago Burbs

singfoley

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a couple months, first time post.

A couple of my co workers referred me to Merry Richards Jewelers in west suburbs of chicago. The owner Richard even helped me a bit and taught me the 4cs, showed me some diamonds that around 1.25-1.6 carats. They gave me pretty competitive prices. There prices were around 15-25% less than CD peacocks and Just a bit more expensive than the internet prices I compared. I think I am comparing apples to apples. Which really appealed to me. I have a 2nd appointment with them next week Wednesday.

I feel like the reviews on yelp are "too good".... Does anyone here have experience on with them? And most important thing? Would you shop with them again?

Feel free to PM me or reply, Ill check back later this week.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
you could do much better online at one of the preferred vendors I live near there in Lombard.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I agree you always could do better online. Our vendors (most of them), are very well trusted and have great customer service, not to mention a lot lower prices compared to B&M stores. What's your budget?

singfoley

Rough_Rock
I want to deal with a Jeweler in the area because they say I can get rings cleaned, free polish and small diamonds replaced at no cost for first year. If I buy that online, I dont think I can get that from a vendor. I will have to deal with shipping my diamond back and fourth. I am willing to give a few % to my B&M for customer service.

My budget is 15k with mounting.

http://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/masterwork-cushion-halo-diamond-band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/6325

I am looking for something like that.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jared will clean and polish your ring for free even if its not bought there. A stone shouldn't fall out in a year, and that's what insurance is for. I live near you and I buy from Whiteflash. Better quality, lower prices.

singfoley

Rough_Rock
Sorry this was a bit late...i forgot. This was a mind blowing experience, I went to jewelers row and some suburb places after. Hands down best jewelry store, super nice people. I am going to refer everyone to go to this place.

I ended up getting it from Merry Richards. The price was super competitive, I was shown over 14 diamonds. I ended up getting a super clean Si1, cushion cut diamond f color. GIA certified of course. I just want to say after reviewing the prices online. You get what you pay for. This diamond is super clean i used a microscope and this stone is better than most the diamond certs i examined online.

I didnt want to ship diamonds back and forth and they educated me, I ended up with a custom design piece that my fiance help designed . Showed me dozens of mountings. It was pretty bling bling, I am not gonna lie.

I spent around 20k all said and done. When I propose sometime during thanksgiving, Ill take photos of it on her hand and all that jazz.

I am also getting a deal on an omega seamaster watch as a sweetener. These guys will hook you up, I am not kidding.

I was working with Margaret on the custom design and Scott on the watches. If you guys want to learn about watches and get a sick deal....goto Merry Richards Jewelers. They will make it right. They will always work with you.

[email protected] , tell him chaz with cushion cut sent you.

What a great experience... I have nothing but good things to say about this experience. I am so pumped....I am going to pick up my watch on Saturday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results