shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: wearing multiple CGS colors rings at the same time...

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to go shopping :lol-2:

Can some be sized either up or down

They have been sized up once already when I gained weight. Not doing it again. I wear them so infrequently now so probably if I was going to do it I would do a whole new setting and design.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
.....So because one's gotta practice what one preaches
This is a bit of a stretch because it includes a braclete
But i took the bus into town today
Those are soggy Autumn leaves
20220518_124813.jpg
If i hadn't known i was going to be carrying a shopping bag home i would have worn this as well

on the other hand i had my silver peridot & white saphire 'covid prevention' ring and my usual silver cuff, i would have worn my little signet ring with the tiny saphire but it needed a clean and i would have missed the bus

Attachments

• 20220518_182613.jpg
    20220518_182613.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Y’all think I’m kidding. Me on the way to AA23EF23-2158-4461-BD00-3CD3169E00FE.jpeg target.

Ok I have a question. I have been hesitant to wear rings on adjacent fingers because if they turn and rub together then the diamonds might damage the softer stones next door. Does anyone else worry about this?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok I have a question. I have been hesitant to wear rings on adjacent fingers because if they turn and rub together then the diamonds might damage the softer stones next door. Does anyone else worry about this?

Yes, me too. I don’t like the feeling of metal/ diamonds rubbing against each other too so I wear rings on alternate fingers or different hands.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I typically won’t wear a middle finger ring for this reason.
My pinky is typically low enough that it doesn’t touch the ring finger and thumb is obviously not close to the pointer.
Some of my middle finger rings sit high enough to get away with it - but I am pretty much always safe if I do 4 and skip the middle finger.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Welp, this is what this honeybadger thinks.
Nobody puts CSbaby in the corner! :lol:

@Neptune I hope this is okay to show our snap from earlier today, but it's a fantastic example of beautiful colors.

I mean, look at it, tell me every color isn't beautiful together. Go on!
There is but one rule: Wear what makes you happy.

Courtesy of Neptune and her baubles :love::
9330.jpg

Today I showed this picture to my mom, who is usually more conservative in terms of clothing and jewelry. I thought she would say it is too much; instead, she said "ah, that is beautiful together!" And then "that is a perfect hand"!:clap:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my daily wear, I'm a more is more kind of gal!

dialy rings inside small.jpg

Thats looks extravagantly tastful
Ive never been very good at editing
what lovelly long fingers you have

perhaps the trick to making it work is to leave some fingers unadorned for contrast

I was studying a customer's hands at work yesterday - not coloured gemstones but still a lot of gold and diamonds going on, on every finger but the pinky, i mean i love a thumb ring (and a pinky ring too for that matter), but i think if she had had the empty real estate on the middle or index fingers it might have looked more coherent and less like she was wearing everything she owned -
and i don't mean to be unkind because she no doubt got pleasure from weaeing them
- and that's the most important thing

jent

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the compliments! I agree, I think leaving some space is important. Maybe if you want to wear rings on every finger, alternate gemstones with a simple band, just to break up the space. I also think matching the intensity/tone of the gems helps it look balanced, even if they are different colors. My husband gave me the diamond and green tourmaline as loose stones as a gift. I was originally going to make them into separate projects but decided that the pink spinel went well with the green. So, I designed the ring to be an upside-down mirror of the stack of my wedding rings.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wear rings for my own pleasure, not to be fashionable. For me, they’re entertainment as I love how light interacts with crystals and color. I often hide my hands behind my back when I’m out and about when there are a lot of people around. I guess it’s kind of garish, when I’m wearing so many, but I have ADHD, and I enjoy focusing on them. In a weird way, it’s soothing to my overactive brain.

jent

Rough_Rock
I personally wear rings for my own pleasure, not to be fashionable. For me, they’re entertainment as I love how light interacts with crystals and color. I often hide my hands behind my back when I’m out and about when there are a lot of people around. I guess it’s kind of garish, when I’m wearing so many, but I have ADHD, and I enjoy focusing on them. In a weird way, it’s soothing to my overactive brain.

I totally get that, rings are my favorite because I can actually look at them while wearing them, unlike earrings or necklaces (which I don't have many of).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results