shape
carat
color
clarity

question on setting a diamond

Jeroen1000

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Got myself a 'minor' problem. I've found the perfect setting but not at the same place as where I have the diamond on a lay away plan. Planning on shipping the setting to the diamond:) So the diamond is 6.18 x 6.21 x 3.84 and the setting is 6mm or 6.5mm. How does this fit in practice?

Is "bending" the setting mount to get the diamond to fit part of the setting process? Or are settings made to exact diamond specs? (can't image that's the case).

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of setting?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander

Here are some pictures of the type. And a video of the same type:
unnamed(1).jpg unnamed(3).jpg
You should be able to ask the setting maker to sell you one that will fit the exact measurements of the stone you have. But, have you shown the diamond vendor the setting as see if they can obtain it directly (or one from another vendor).

A version of this is available from Gabriel and Company.
https://idjewelry.com/diamond-engagement-ring-set-in-14k-white-gold-bypass-er10202w4jjj-igcd.html

Know Jewellers
https://www.knoxjewelers.biz/products/solera

I think you bought from WF and they have access to many many vendors, many are not on their site.

Jeroen1000

Rough_Rock
@rockysalamander WF replied to me they can work with a 6.5 mm setting (the diamond is slightly smaller). Unfortunately, they could not acquire it elsewhere. I'm now in the final stages of getting it shipped out to WF.
So it doesn't appear to be an issue if it isn't made exactly to size. That or I'm in for quite a nasty surprise. However, I took great care confirming it won't be an issue. Long live the Internet;-)

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander WF replied to me they can work with a 6.5 mm setting (the diamond is slightly smaller). Unfortunately, they could not acquire it elsewhere. I'm now in the final stages of getting it shipped out to WF.
So it doesn't appear to be an issue if it isn't made exactly to size. That or I'm in for quite a nasty surprise. However, I took great care confirming it won't be an issue. Long live the Internet;-)
Great. Each setting has a bit of room for adjustment, but it always good to confirm with the setter that the setting you want will work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results