shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for you ladies in waiting - manicure?

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
So, I plan to propose at the beach in ~2.5 weeks.... Do you think that suggesting to her that she get a manicure before we go would tip my hand????

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen bits of your journey around the boards, I'm looking forward to hearing how the proposal goes!

I think suggesting to your GF to get a manicure would certainly tip her off, especially if you never have before! Could you enlist one of her girlfriends/a sister/mother to go and get a manicure with her? One of our past LIW's was sent a gift certificate by a friend to have her nails done the week she suspected her SO was going to propose (he did!).

From the perspective of someone who has never been to a nail salon: I would immediately be suspicious because its not the norm for me. However if I was visiting a girlfriend and she suggested doing our own nails, I wouldn't bat an eyelid!

:wavey:

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Well in a year and a half she has never been to the nail salon, so I guess that was a stupid idea. She is pretty good about doing them herself, hopefully she will just before we go.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not stupid at all! It was very thoughtful and sweet.

What about surprising her with a manicure afterwards? Before she sees everybody and takes a million pictures with her hands prominently placed.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, wonder if I can find a place at the beach to do it.... That is a good idea as well. One that hadn't crossed my mind.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
No way, not a stupid idea! Thoughtful and sweet! I wish my SO would trick me into doing mine at the right time somehow, instead of me guessing! :tongue:

To encourage her to freshen her manicure, perhaps you could say you'll be going out for a nice dinner while you are away?

I also think the post-proposal manicure is a lovely idea.

:appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Before I go on vacation, I get a pedicure and manicure to make sure I look nice :) At the very least I trim up the cuticles and paint my nails with clear to look clean. Worst case is you propose and take her to a nail salon at the beach...there will be plenty available. Good luck and how thoughtful of you!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Love the 'manicure at the beach' idea!

Or beforehand you could do a couples manicure/pedicure (Dont worry- they wont polish your nails!) :bigsmile:

Tell her you set up an afternoon of relaxing...

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
They can polish my nails if they want to... I'm comfortable with my sexuality.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:

That was my SO's first question when I suggested a couples spa day so I was just making sure!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You are such a sport! They won't polish you unless you ask. The hubs got a manicure before our wedding and his brother got a pedicure..and his brother got clear on his toes lol ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jmarshall|1372859475|3476559 said:
They can polish my nails if they want to... I'm comfortable with my sexuality.

Wow, I like you already. You sound like an absolute catch to consider her fingernails! Early congratulations to you. I like Princesss' idea of not doing anything nail related until after the proposal. That way she won't have an inkling of an idea what's going on, and that way she can get some pampering right after! She'll feel like she's in heaven ::) Get her one of those spa manicure and pedicures!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its just the nurse in me, but.... be sure they sterilize by autoclave, any manicure/pedicure tools they may use on you. Hep A&B is prevelant in a lot of under developed countries... you don't want to come home with anything "EXTRA"!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any other advice, I think the other ladies have given you some great suggestions already! You are definitely very considerate to have thought about this but I think if you said that she normally paints her nails frequently she may already have it covered. Can't wait to see how the proposal goes!!!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I can't wait to tell you all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I am LOVING your enthusiasm! :appl:

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
I've spent 20 years looking for a girl that I thought I could settle down with.... and I found a girl that has not only met, but has exceeded every expectation that I have ever had, and a few I didn't know that I had, she has made me the happiest man alive, and I know I do the same for her..... How can I not be enthusiastic about that?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love it when we get guys like you in LIW. It's so so sweet to see, and definitely gets us excited hoping our guys will feel the same way!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
jmarshall|1373079941|3477922 said:
I've spent 20 years looking for a girl that I thought I could settle down with.... and I found a girl that has not only met, but has exceeded every expectation that I have ever had, and a few I didn't know that I had, she has made me the happiest man alive, and I know I do the same for her..... How can I not be enthusiastic about that?

You should say this!!!!! in your speech!!!!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
I had something similar in mind for the speech. Over the holiday we were at the mall for a movie, I jokingly suggested a couples manicure, she turned it down saying that nail salons always tend to just decimate her nails, so I guess that is out.....Only 1 week left!

PS, I've loved the hunt for the ring and pre-engagement planning just as much as she will love the ring and wedding planning, and I hope all of your guys feel the same way.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
J, I saw your thread in the hangout and have to say that I think you're awesome! It's obvious that you have so much love for your soon to be fiancé and that you're a great guy. Wishing all the best to you two and I can't wait to hear about the proposal! I'm sorry that I didn't chime in over on the hangout. I'm a little too thinned skinned for that crowd! :lol:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I think all the ideas have been awesome, but I had to chime in and say you sound like a really wonderful guy and quite a catch. Your lady is very lucky to have you.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results