shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Tiffany Etoile Band Owners!

Niffl3r

Rough_Rock
If you own a Tiffany Etoile band, I would appreciate your help!

I just recently purchased the 18k YG Etoile band (4mm) and noticed that the diamonds are not scattered completely symmetrically. Some are closer to the top/bottom edge of the band, while others are slightly more centered. I say slightly because I admit I have eagle eyes, and others would not notice at a glance.

Do you also see this on your band or is this a QC issue? I haven't decided if I like it. On one hand, it looks more "organic," but if this is not how they normally look, I don't want a dud.

I purchased at a Tiffany store, and it is a graduation gift so I want it to be perfect.

Thank you!

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
i just took a look at mine and the diamonds do seem to be more "organic" in their settings. I don't mind it but it may bother you?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Mine is also "off" ever so slightly, but I wouldn't have noticed it until you posted.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the pics I've seen they are "scattered" that is not linear on the band, so it is supposed to look like that. I have a similar style band (different vendor) where it is linear.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wait, do you mean you thought the diamonds would be in a straight line around the band, or do you mean you that you know they're scattered, but that they don't seem to be scattered in the same consistent pattern? A few of my diamonds are closer to the edge of the band, almost on the curve, whereas the others are a little higher up. That's what I meant when I saw them more organically.

Niffl3r

Rough_Rock
All the pics I've seen they are "scattered" that is not linear on the band, so it is supposed to look like that. I have a similar style band (different vendor) where it is linear.
Hi there, I may have worded my question poorly. I do understand and enjoy the scattered effect. The observation is that some of the diamonds go "up" or "down" the band a little more than the others.

So say there are 5 "up" diamonds and 5 "down" diamonds... If I draw an imaginary line through the 5 "up" diamonds, they are not at the exact same position along the band. Some are closer to the edge than others. I was wondering if this is something that you can expect to see on any Tiffany Etoile or if perhaps the specific band I purchased was a little wonky.

Wait, do you mean you thought the diamonds would be in a straight line around the band, or do you mean you that you know they're scattered, but that they don't seem to be scattered in the same consistent pattern? A few of my diamonds are closer to the edge of the band, almost on the curve, whereas the others are a little higher up. That's what I meant when I saw them more organically.
Yes this is exactly what I was referring to!

Thank you @Logan Sapphire and @eesmom for your input. It sounds like it is normal, so I am happy with that. It's a beautiful ring, and I like the organic effect (afterall, stars aren't evenly distributed in the sky!), but for $2500 I wanted to make sure I'm getting exactly what I should be getting! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are also slightly unevenly spaced both width-wise and around the shank. The difference isn't obvious but is noticeable up close. I too saw it right away :))

I also bought mine in-store. I wonder if different sizes are more prone to asymmetric spacing? Mine is a 4.5.

Niffl3r

Rough_Rock
Mine are also slightly unevenly spaced both width-wise and around the shank. The difference isn't obvious but is noticeable up close. I too saw it right away :))

I also bought mine in-store. I wonder if different sizes are more prone to asymmetric spacing? Mine is a 4.5.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed straight away!

Mine is a size 6.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results