shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for the pros....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I found the setting that I want for my diamond at www.adwar.com, and after my jeweler got it in he, said that it would not be possible to set the diamonds in the band because there is not enough metal. I would attach a picture, but the file is too large. It''s in their Collection 19, page 1028, #21169L (bottom row second from the left). He said that he could do the halo, but it''s the whole look that I fell in love with. Any suggestions? I know it''s a pain to look all of this up, but I am just so dissappointed. My jeweler set the halo diamonds, and it looks beautiful, but he wants to set the basket and halo on my eternity bands, and the look is too much. I want something more delicate. Help?

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my current set...

lora.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the bands do look very very small

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the setting being referred to, so that nobody else has to go dig. It''s on page 1128 BTW, not 1028.

adwcat.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the page from adwar..it looks like that setting was made to have diamonds put into it.

adwarpicforlora.png

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe, looks like you beat me to it FG. JamesAllen has several spitshank with halo, have you considered someting ready made?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another thread with an Adwar setting, halo and diamonds on the sides.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for pulling up the correct picture FireGoddess, nothing like making this more difficult. And you are right mrssalvo, this setting is meant to have diamonds in it. My jeweler has set the diamonds in the halo, and it is perfection, but once again, he says the metal on the split shank is too thin for diamonds. He set the halo and basket between my two bezel set eternity bands, but I''m just not loving the look. I have pictures, and I brought my camera in to work today so that I can download them, but for some reason my computer will not let me pull up the usb port so that I can show you. I''m working on this, so hopefully I can show you what I''m trying to describe!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''ve got to trust your jeweler, but what good is the adwar setting if diamonds can''t be put into it
33.gif
. I honestly don''t think I''d like the look of a halo on top of your current set. I hope you can get the pictures up, I''d love to see what you''re talking about
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 9:21:03 AM
Author: mrssalvo
you've got to trust your jeweler, but what good is the adwar setting if diamonds can't be put into it

Chances are the setting doesn't pass this jewelr's safety test. I don't understand then why didnt he return it to Adwar asap before setting any part of it?

Sure I wouldn't want safety compromises on such a setting because most likely mens... those diamonds will pop out rather quickly
7.gif
Bad karma...

I don't know anything about the quality of Adwar settings. In general, there seems to be some advantage having the jeweler have some controll over the casting process, and with pre-made settings this is not the case.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ana. I''ve never dealt with pre-made settings, but this one I just fell in love with. My jeweler wasn''t worried about the diamonds in the halo because he said that they wouldn''t get the wear that the bands would get. And I certainly don''t want him to set them in the bands and then have to deal with them popping out on me. I just love the look of two very thin pave bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results