shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Starbucks Drinking Brides...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Alright so I normally just get a small black coffee every morning and have recently tried Starbuck''s Skinny Vanilla Latte. OMG I swear I am obsessed with them. They are soooo delicious. However, going from zero calories in my black coffee to probably 130 or so in my lattes makes me nervous! I don''t want to not be able to fit into my wedding dress in February. Please tell me I''ll be alright switching from my zero calorie drink to my 130 or so calorie drink!!! I''m probably freaking myself out for nothing but I almost feel super guilty drinking these delicious lattes because they are soooo yummy!!!!!!!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I doubt you would gain a ton of weight from a 100 extra calories a day, but it would probably add up to 2 or 3 pounds by february if you didn''t cut something else out from your diet to compensate.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Honestly? It''s all about give and take. Weight gain/loss is simple, it''s just about calories in versus calories out. Is takes a surplus or deficit of ~3500 calories in a time period to change your weight a pound. A Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte is 130 cals. So, if you do nothing else (i.e. cut out foods somewhere else or don''t chance your workout routine) you''d gain about a pound a month with just this diet change. Feb is 3 months away, so at most you''re looking at would be around 3 lbs. In the grand scheme of things, its not a huge deal, but if you make any adjustment in your diet and want to maintain your current weight, you must adjust physical activity as well. I am sure the coffee is so tasty, too! But maybe if you''re that concerned about the fit of your dress you can do something to burn the excess 130 cals or save the drink as a special treat from time to time. But either way, if you love your skim vanilla latte and don''t change anything, you might still be ok :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. I''m sure I''ll be alright. I think it''s more about the feeling guilty because it taste so good! LOL I''m not trying to dink them everyday because that would add up in not only calories but also in cost. I''m going to have to switch back to my boring black coffees and only drink these on occassion. Like on the way to my Monday night class after work :) thanks for the insight! :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Oh and I''m probably just on a skinny vanilla latte kick because I''ve never had anything other then the regular black coffee. I feel like a little kid who just discovered candy or something. LMAO

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
SKINNY LATTE is the bomb!!

Don''t worry too much about it, just do an extra 30 minutes of walking a day or reduce your portion of lunch to compensate for it. =)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Truthfully the 130 calories are probably not going to do that much-like the other posters have said, however, you could switch off and only drink the vanilla lattes on some days and drink the black coffee otherwise. I get Starbucks once a week on a ''special'' day with my co-worker, mostly to save money because it can get expensive!!!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 9:27:45 AM
Author: dani2142
Oh and I''m probably just on a skinny vanilla latte kick because I''ve never had anything other then the regular black coffee. I feel like a little kid who just discovered candy or something. LMAO

Take it from an ex-barista, if you can stomach artificial sweeteners having it made with the sugar-free syrup really cuts back on the calories. Alternatively if you don''t like the taste of artificial sweeteners, ask for one pump or a half-pump of syrup. There''s anywhere from two to three pumps in a Starbucks tall, that''s a lot of sugar! You really don''t need all of that syrup to get the flavor, especially if you were drinking plain black coffee before.

My "treat" is a tall iced sugar-free dolce soy latte with an extra shot of espresso. I get it two or three times a month as a little gift to myself when I''ve had a great day at work or a really awful day at work.
9.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know how much calories in an unsweetened regular skinny latte? I don''t actually add any syrup to mine at all.

TIA!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Yummm you guys are totally making me want to try all this new stuff. It''s pretty exciting!! LOL I''m such a nerd. It''s almost like when I discovered different beers besides my Bud Light. Now I can''t ever drink that stuff. There is no taste at all to it. I don''t really drink that much alcohol maybe like 4 drinks total a week. I''m thinking about trading in my beers for some lattes!!!! HAHAHA I''m in love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:43:44 PM
Author: cindygenit
Does anyone know how much calories in an unsweetened regular skinny latte? I don''t actually add any syrup to mine at all.

TIA!

Hey Cindy,

If you go to Starbuck''s website and look in the nutritional section of their website you can look up the nutritional information for anything they have. I only looked up the skinny vanilla lattes because that''s normally what I get and it''s 130 calories for a grande. HTH!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:00:59 PM
Author: Blair138
Truthfully the 130 calories are probably not going to do that much-like the other posters have said, however, you could switch off and only drink the vanilla lattes on some days and drink the black coffee otherwise. I get Starbucks once a week on a ''special'' day with my co-worker, mostly to save money because it can get expensive!!!

Good call. I like the way you think... :0)
26.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
You can get their black drip coffee with a shot of sugar-free vanilla syrup (same stuff in the skinny vanilla latte), FWIW - not as delicious as the skinny latte but still good, and might be a happy middle ground for you. You could even stir in a splash of milk if you don''t like it totally black, and still save on cals.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 10:04:36 AM
Author: absolut_blonde
You can get their black drip coffee with a shot of sugar-free vanilla syrup (same stuff in the skinny vanilla latte), FWIW - not as delicious as the skinny latte but still good, and might be a happy middle ground for you. You could even stir in a splash of milk if you don''t like it totally black, and still save on cals.
Totally going to try that. Thanks! :)

I had a cup of flavored coffee this morning at a place right across the street from my house. It was hazelnut flavored. That was yummy too. I just don''t think I can go back to just plan black after trying all these delicious flavors!!! :)

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Mmmmm you should try the skinny cinnamon dolce lattes
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have been adding french vanilla stevia (a natural no-calorie sweetener) to my coffee. SOOOO yummy.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 5:00:41 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
I have been adding french vanilla stevia (a natural no-calorie sweetener) to my coffee. SOOOO yummy.

hmmm i''ll have to check that out! thanks :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm I''ve been good the last couple of days drinking flavored coffee. I''m thinking I need to head to Starbuck''s on lunch today and get a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte!!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results