shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Frankie about diamond eternity band...

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Frankie,

My fiance came across your Michael B Paris ring with spacer and diamond eternity band and wanted to know how many carats the eternity band was? We are trying to decide what type of wedding band to put with her new Leon ring. I'll post the picture of your ring and a picture of hers to get an idea.

Thank you!

_2775.jpg

amy_s_ring_.jpg

Attachments

• leon_5.bmp
    523 KB · Views: 3,265

SB621

Ideal_Rock
As someone who has a version of your FI's ring (mine is by VC) you really have to go with a matching wedding band as anything else just looks bizarre. It is such a classic setting that I think if you go with something non matching it just ruins the overall look. You can see a thread about who used what wedding bands for their HW's inspired halos here.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/[/URL]

If you have any doubts then just check out a jewery store with eternitys. I think once she tries some on she will probably not like the look unless it matches.

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1357238604|3346458 said:
As someone who has a version of your FI's ring (mine is by VC) you really have to go with a matching wedding band as anything else just looks bizarre. It is such a classic setting that I think if you go with something non matching it just ruins the overall look. You can see a thread about who used what wedding bands for their HW's inspired halos here.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/[/URL]

If you have any doubts then just check out a jewery store with eternitys. I think once she tries some on she will probably not like the look unless it matches.

Sarah,

Thank you for your response. We may have to go into a local jewelry place to check out some eternity bands because from what she has "seen" she wants her wedding band to be larger than the band on the engagement ring. Her engagement ring band is 1.8mm thick and you can see from the second picture of my fiances ring, no diamonds underneath and very tiny doughnut.

She has said she would like to see examples of: 1) A matching band 2) something unique (like the M-Theory band from Leon) 3) A larger eternity band with platinum spacer.

Maybe I could have Leon do something that is just a little bit larger than her engagement ring (maybe 2mm and a little bit larger diamonds but with the same cutdown?)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her e-ring appears to be set low and I am doubtful a large band like Frankie's would even work. Shared prong bands are notorious for damaging prongs or those struts that attach the halo to the shank of the e-ring. I agree with Sarah that the option that will look and work best is a band that matches her e-ring. Get her a large 5 stone diamond ring for her right hand for a 5 year anniversary!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
GoCubsGo25|1357241274|3346516 said:
Sarahbear621|1357238604|3346458 said:

Sarah,

Thank you for your response. We may have to go into a local jewelry place to check out some eternity bands because from what she has "seen" she wants her wedding band to be larger than the band on the engagement ring. Her engagement ring band is 1.8mm thick and you can see from the second picture of my fiances ring, no diamonds underneath and very tiny doughnut.

She has said she would like to see examples of: 1) A matching band 2) something unique (like the M-Theory band from Leon) 3) A larger eternity band with platinum spacer.

Maybe I could have Leon do something that is just a little bit larger than her engagement ring (maybe 2mm and a little bit larger diamonds but with the same cutdown?)

I personally think if it looks a little different then most people will assume it is a bad match. Give me some time tonight and I will take photos of my ring with different eternitys that I have. I think once you see it in person you will realize what I'm trying to say. For reference here is my set. I have a matching band that is only off by only .1mm. I'm actaully not a fan of matching wedding bands at all so to throw that off slightly I have another eternity paired with it.

Ill take photos with my 4.75ct eternity and then my half enterity that has 2 pts---be back soon!

_2778.jpg

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1357242479|3346537 said:
Her e-ring appears to be set low and I am doubtful a large band like Frankie's would even work. Shared prong bands are notorious for damaging prongs or those struts that attach the halo to the shank of the e-ring. I agree with Sarah that the option that will look and work best is a band that matches her e-ring. Get her a large 5 stone diamond ring for her right hand for a 5 year anniversary!

She would love a large 5-stone!!

You are right, her e-ring is set low, not only is Leon known for lower setting but on my work order it says "set as low as possible". Not my request but my fiances. :D

So would you guys recommend getting a wedding band that is the same mm width and same size mele stones as the e-ring? Is there any wiggle room to have the eternity be slightly wider (maybe 2mm) and therfore slightly larger mele stones?

Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok So I bored so here are the photos with several different bands. Please excuse my ering. I just put lotion on (I know I know :knockout: ) so it looks craptastic.

1 and 2 are with a plain 2mm band
3 is with my half eband
4 is with my 4.75ct eband

Hope that helps.

2mm.jpg

2mm2.jpg

2pts.jpg

_2779.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
GoCubsGo25|1357243452|3346551 said:
diamondseeker2006|1357242479|3346537 said:

She would love a large 5-stone!!

You are right, her e-ring is set low, not only is Leon known for lower setting but on my work order it says "set as low as possible". Not my request but my fiances. :D

So would you guys recommend getting a wedding band that is the same mm width and same size mele stones as the e-ring? Is there any wiggle room to have the eternity be slightly wider (maybe 2mm) and therfore slightly larger mele stones?

Thanks!

NO DON'T DO IT!!! Look at my 3rd picture. Here the band is slightly larger to accomodate larger diamonds. See how it looks off? Stay uniform. If you change the size I personally feel you will make the entire set look bizarre.

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1357243533|3346553 said:
Ok So I bored so here are the photos with several different bands. Please excuse my ering. I just put lotion on (I know I know :knockout: ) so it looks craptastic.

1 and 2 are with a plain 2mm band
3 is with my half eband
4 is with my 4.75ct eband

Hope that helps.

Sarah,

Thank you for the pictures! I like the looks of the half eband best.

I am keeping all options open as far as the eband - if I went with someone other than Leon, should I be looking for 1ctw band or .5ctw??? Or something else? I'm not sure tcw size wise what to look for.

Leon had this wedding band for sale recently:

http://www.micropave.com/index.php/wedding-bands/adrianna-v-cut-wedding-band.html

^That ring was .68ctw and 2mm - should I be looking for something smaller than that?

Thanks for all the help!

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
I'm thinking the best idea would be to just have Leon make me a matching band to match the e-ring perfectly (band width/diamond mele size)...that way the cutdown and everything would be the exact same. Is that what your recommending?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say get a perfect match to the shank to wear with the ering (and if you want, a plain matching one too as a spacer so that you can see more of the matching band maybe?), and then if there's a desire for a larger stone band get that and she can wear it separately.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoCubsGo25|1357244538|3346567 said:
I'm thinking the best idea would be to just have Leon make me a matching band to match the e-ring perfectly (band width/diamond mele size)...that way the cutdown and everything would be the exact same. Is that what your recommending?

Absolutely!!! It will be hard to match otherwise! Then tell her she can get that blingy 5 stone for a right hand ring for a later anniversary! You don't want a wedding band that takes away from the engagement ring! (And we have seen the damage some larger diamond bands have done!)

MK514

Rough_Rock
I agree that the band should match the ER.
I have been dealing with this same dilemma.
I have a VC split shank halo and have been considering adding a band. I tried on many different size eternity and 5 stone rings and nothing looked right.
I ordered the VC pave wedding band that matches my ring and I am convinced after seeing Sarah's pics that I made the right choice.
I love the way Sarah has stacked her rings, not too matchy and the scale just looks right.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1357245122|3346581 said:
GoCubsGo25|1357244538|3346567 said:

Absolutely!!! It will be hard to match otherwise! Then tell her she can get that blingy 5 stone for a right hand ring for a later anniversary! You don't want a wedding band that takes away from the engagement ring! (And we have seen the damage some larger diamond bands have done!)

Couldnt agree more!!!!! I definitely think you should have leon make an exact match. You want the star of the set to be the ering not the band!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
hi !!

sorry i'm so late in the game !

agreeing with all of the above posters that LM's halo ring will NOT look right with a 2.8mm shared prong eternity band.

here's a photo of my halo setting with matching pave band fitting perfectly (with a 1mm spacer in between for protection) :

vc2.jpg

close up :

vc1.jpg

as for my 2.8mm eternity, each diamond weighs 0.08ct x 20 diamonds (size 5 ring) totaling 1.6ctw. I only wear this band alone now on days that i am not wearing my halo/pave set.

IMG_4030a.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely stick with the same size melee and width as the e-ring.

Leon originally made me an eternity band that had ever so slightly bigger melee and it looks funny to me. I had Steven Kirsch make a perfectly matched band for me and I have been really happy about it. It makes the set!

I also have a 5 stone (0.25 ct each) band. It looks horrible with the ring in my opinion - big and chunky and out of place with such delicate pave work and low set ring.

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Frankie, for the pics! That really helps!

Thank you everyone for all your input.

Since I went with no diamonds on the stems or doughnut (and also a very tiny doughnut), will I need to get a 1mm spacer?

I sent Leon an email about making the band, just waiting to hear back from him.

Thanks again!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
GoCubsGo25|1357314642|3347163 said:
Thanks, Frankie, for the pics! That really helps!

Thank you everyone for all your input.

Since I went with no diamonds on the stems or doughnut (and also a very tiny doughnut), will I need to get a 1mm spacer?

I sent Leon an email about making the band, just waiting to hear back from him.

Thanks again!

I *think you would still need one because the diamonds on the band would hit against the struts on the ring. You can get a PLAT 1mm band of etsy for $200 - for that amount I would just rather be safe then sorry.

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Just wanted everyones input...

I just got an email back from Leon and he recommended the following bands:

Style 101

or

The Stolen Band

He recommended both of those over a matching band...thoughts on this?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief. The stolen band is the look we were recommending avoiding. It is 2.6mm minimum and does not look like it would go well with the halo ring to me. I don't see 101.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You do know how Leon feels about wedding bands right? He feels they should never been worn with the e-ring.

I adore the w-band Leon made me but I have never worn it once because I don't like it with my e-ring. Just go down a few floors and have Steven make you a matching w-band. His pave work is almost an exact match - you won't be able to tell the difference.

If I recall correctly, Steven made Frankie's w-band.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1357616134|3350013 said:
You do know how Leon feels about wedding bands right? He feels they should never been worn with the e-ring.

I adore the w-band Leon made me but I have never worn it once because I don't like it with my e-ring. Just go down a few floors and have Steven make you a matching w-band. His pave work is almost an exact match - you won't be able to tell the difference.

If I recall correctly, Steven made Frankie's w-band.

I agree. I would ave Steven make the wedding band. It will be an exact match plus he is so much better to deal with then leon.

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone. I sent an email to Steven...I'll keep you updated on what he says.

From personal experiences...if I reply to Leon and just tell him I am only interested in a matching band...how will that go over? I could just say, after looking at pictures, my fiance has decided that she really likes the look of the matching band and that is what we would like to have you do.

I don't really care who makes the band, I just want it to match!

GoCubsGo25

Rough_Rock
I emailed Leon too...just basically saying that after looking at pictures my fiance just wants a matching band.

So, we'll see what he says too...I'll keep you posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results