shape
carat
color
clarity

Question About Tolerances for Stock Bezel Settings

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I have a heart shaped spinel that I want to put in a (hopefully) stock bezel pendant setting. The spinel measures 6.26mm x 6.26mm. The setting comes in 6mm and 7mm sizes. Does anyone know if it will it fit in one of these sizes? I know there's some wiggle room in prong settings, but I have no idea if there is any tolerance in bezel settings. Here's a link to the setting I'd like to use:

voce

Ideal_Rock
If you are buying it through a jeweler (I think you would have to), I would ask that jeweler. Hopefully, they have enough experience setting gems into Stuller settings to know. I would absolutely not purchase unless my jeweler gives the OK.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @voce. I'm still in the "thinking about setting" stage. I was hoping someone here might know because I hate asking vendors questions if I'm not ready to commit. I don't like being exposed to hard sell tactics and neither do I want to waste a vendor's time, if I'm not ready. Some vendors won't deal with buyers who they perceive to be wasting their time. But I guess I'll have to make the vendor contact I was hoping to skip.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results