shape
carat
color
clarity

Question About Tolerances for Stock Bezel Settings

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I have a heart shaped spinel that I want to put in a (hopefully) stock bezel pendant setting. The spinel measures 6.26mm x 6.26mm. The setting comes in 6mm and 7mm sizes. Does anyone know if it will it fit in one of these sizes? I know there's some wiggle room in prong settings, but I have no idea if there is any tolerance in bezel settings. Here's a link to the setting I'd like to use:

voce

Ideal_Rock
If you are buying it through a jeweler (I think you would have to), I would ask that jeweler. Hopefully, they have enough experience setting gems into Stuller settings to know. I would absolutely not purchase unless my jeweler gives the OK.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @voce. I'm still in the "thinking about setting" stage. I was hoping someone here might know because I hate asking vendors questions if I'm not ready to commit. I don't like being exposed to hard sell tactics and neither do I want to waste a vendor's time, if I'm not ready. Some vendors won't deal with buyers who they perceive to be wasting their time. But I guess I'll have to make the vendor contact I was hoping to skip.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.