shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about strong blue fluorescence in j color diamond

cocofabulous

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am thinking of upgrading my engagement ring and buying from blue nile. I found a 2.51 carat round brilliant VS2 J color diamond with strong blue fluorescence.
Here is the link to the specs of the diamond with the GIA report:
http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-2-carat-ideal-cut-j-color-vs2-clarity_LD03659154?keyword_search_value=ld03659154

I was wondering if I should buy this diamond because of the strong blue fluorescence? do you think it might look too milky, oily or hazy?

They did send me a pic of the diamond at 10x magnification and this is how it looks

Let me know what you all think and if i should proceed with this purchase.. thanks all!

_12051.jpg

silvar-surfer

Rough_Rock
Re: Question about strong blue fluorescence in j color diamo

There's no way to tell from the image. You could try asking Bluenile to contact their supplier and get their word on it. In this case you will need to depend on how honest the other party is. If you do decide to go with the stone, there is a money back guarantee with it.

cocofabulous

Rough_Rock

thanks for the reply. I did contact blue nile and I asked if the vendor could supply pictures and to check for the fluorescence factor- if it does indeed look milky or hazy or oily. I expressed concern that the vendor may not be too forthcoming with the information but hopefully since I requested for a picture at normal circumstances that it would give me more reassurance. They said that they would get back to me within 24 hours.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pavilion is too deep, the arrows should be black.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results