shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about shared prongs....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laplacz

Rough_Rock
Hello All...

I am trying to narrow down which type of setting to go with. I know the GF likes a 6 prong head. I like settings with some additional bling. I was thinking of a shared prong setting with possiabley a tiffany style head. Soo now for the questions...

Is there any "Rubbing Issue" issue wiith a shared prong ER and a shared prong WB? Is it likely that in this type of setup The two rings could damage each other?

Does anyone have or know where I could find pictures of a set such as this? I Would just like to see it as I would likely have it made by Whiteflash or another vendor...

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Yes, you can have some issues if the e-ring and band rub over time. There are ways to minimize the damage potential; I''m sure some expert shared-prong wearers will weigh in for you...

-J

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Facets collection has a ton of options that are made not to rub. So does Memoire.

I bet they could make you some of these with a 6 prong head without a problem. And they use great diamonds in their sets:

CLICK HERE

laplacz

Rough_Rock
Can someone please point me to a good online resource for to browse "Memoire" rings???

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
memoire.com might be a good first try
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, shared prong rings can rub together if there is no design element to avoid this. One way to get around it is to have the ering and wband be half eternity. I did this, and the bottom half of the rings where it is strictly metal is slightly thicker so that when the rings are stacked, the top halves look like they are sitting flush but there is small space between them to avoid the rubbing issue.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 12:26:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
memoire.com might be a good first try
2.gif

yep and Pearlmansjewelers.com (a pricescope vendor) also carries the memoire line.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Although it was not what I''d call the "perfect experience" for the customer, we just had a engagement ring and wedding band set from Signed Pieces with shared prongs and a six prong center setting. The small diamonds wen about 1/2 way around on both rings and the style was just about perfectly constructed so that the diamonds would not normally touch eachother. I recommended that the rings be tack soldered together once the marraige was completed in order to further prevent rubbing of the metal or damage to the diamond girdles from hitting one another.

In the end, these mountings were delicate and perfect. I believe they will be completely happy with the rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results