shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about resizing shared prong 5-stone band

warheadwl

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm looking at this costco 5-stone band, but it only comes in size 7, but my fiance is a size 6. Costco says it's resizable up or down 2 sizes.

http://www.costco.com/Five-Stone-Ro...and-(1.00-ctw)-Platinum.product.11473258.html

In general, does resizing a shared prong band like this change the curvature of the ring? Does this make it easier for the stones to come loose? How much should I expect a resize-down job like this to cost?

Any comments about costco jewelry would be appreciated as well :).

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

warheadwl

Rough_Rock
orbaya|1363825658|3409971 said:
Is your budget $2000? I'd skip Costco and get the same ring for $200 more from Whiteflash. The quality will be great, and those diamonds will blow you away!

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/five-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-819.htm

eta: I see the Costco one is Platinum. If you aren't stuck on platinum, then I'd check out WF.

Thanks orbaya.

My budget is about $2500. Of course, the less I can spend, the better. I got a whole lot of other things I need to buy (like a house :(). But I do want to get all of my major jewelry purchases out of the way :D. I'm looking for something blingtastic enough so I don't have to worry about upgrading in the future (or so I hope ;-) ).

My goal was to get full top-of-finger coverage. Seems like 7x0.13 melee and 5x0.20 will do the trick for a size 6 finger.

WF seems a bit too rich for me. I did contact BGD and IDJ for their quotes

IDJ quoted me $2600 for a platinum shared prong 7 x 0.20 F/G SI pricescope quality melee. I'm guessing I can hit sub-$2500 if I go with 5x0.20 (not sure if the extra platinum to replace the 2 diamonds costs more than the diamonds). IDJ's 7x0.15 melee was $2400 and 7x0.13 is $2200.

BGD quoted me $2350 for a platinum shared prong 7 x .13 H/I SI BGD signature melee.

The nice thing about BGD is that they explicitly said arrows in the melee, which IDJ or costco don't explicitly say.

Costco would be $2100 including tax for 5x0.20. I'm guessing resizing would be another $50, right? Sounds like costco probably isn't the deal I was looking for.

So many decisions :|

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
You sound pretty well informed :), good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results