shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about replicating a ring

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question in.
I am thinking about having a replica made of an antique diamond ring. I really want it to look at close to identical as possible. I was imagining using some of that air dry puffy "clay" to make a mold of it, but that thought process made me curious. Would it be possible to have a cast made of the ring, hopefully without removing the diamond or changing the ring in any way? Reason behind wanting to do this is because the ring is going back to its previous owner/care taker. I won't have it in my possession to have a jeweler see it in person.
Any tips or advice in duplicating a ring are welcome :)

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Before you send the ring back to it's existing owner, can you send it to the jeweler that you intend to use to remake the ring so that they can create a CAD of the existing ring?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take as many photos as possible in all angles, next to a ruler if possible, before it is returned to its owner?

DK :))

Caleb Hansen

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

As I am new here, I am glad to be a part of this thread, I don't have much knowledge about the replication of jewelry, but all I can suggest is that you can search online form where you can make replication of ring as soon as possible. You can also compare prices in online research. Hope you like the suggestion.

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question in.
I am thinking about having a replica made of an antique diamond ring. I really want it to look at close to identical as possible. I was imagining using some of that air dry puffy "clay" to make a mold of it, but that thought process made me curious. Would it be possible to have a cast made of the ring, hopefully without removing the diamond or changing the ring in any way? Reason behind wanting to do this is because the ring is going back to its previous owner/care taker. I won't have it in my possession to have a jeweler see it in person.
Any tips or advice in duplicating a ring are welcome :)

Were you able to find a solution to this, @Bansheefaerie?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results