shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about ordering a semi mount ring

KLC

Shiny_Rock
I messaged a vendor about customizing a 3 stone semi mount for my 6.5mm round brilliant moissanite. The vendor wants to know the depth of the stone but because of the enclosed gallery, my local jeweler can't measure it without removing it from the setting it's in. Is there any way to estimate
the depth, close enough for a semi mount, of a 6.5 mm round brilliant without removing the stone? IMG_20221208_201909344~2.jpg

KLC

Shiny_Rock
So, after some digging online, it seems that to calculate the depth percentage you divide the depth in mm by the diameter of the stone. So would you not be able to multiply the depth percentage by the diameter to get the depth in mm? If so, 62.5% × 6.5 would give me a depth of 4.03mm. Is this accurate?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, after some digging online, it seems that to calculate the depth percentage you divide the depth in mm by the diameter of the stone. So would you not be able to multiply the depth percentage by the diameter to get the depth in mm? If so, 62.5% × 6.5 would give me a depth of 4.03mm. Is this accurate?

Yes, that's correct. Is that your actual report in the first post? Your report should show the depth in mm.

Reactions: KLC

KLC

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that's correct. Is that your actual report in the first post? Your report should show the depth in mm.

It is. But it doesn't give the depth in mm. Just the percentage.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is. But it doesn't give the depth in mm. Just the percentage.

What is your report number? Is it GIA?

KLC

Shiny_Rock
It's GRA 11326193

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results