shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about my Valuation Report from Tiffany''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
Recently I received my new e-ring from my FI (yay!), and we were wondering yesterday how much the side stones would be on the Novo ring. He wondered if the .61 ct wt that was inscribed in the ring was a TOTAL weight for the whole ring. I thought it wouldn''t be - just for the center stone. This is exactly what the valuation report says
34.gif

"One Tiffany and Co. platinum and diamond ring, prong set at center with one NOVO square cushion cut diamond weighing .61 carat, F colour, VS1 clarity, flanked by sixteen, bead set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing .61 carat total weight, F-G colour ranger, VS clarity range."

So do they actually give value (maybe the wrong word), but have they weighed these side diamonds to a total of .61 total weight? The diamonds are actually a good size, you can definetly see them very well.

I am also faxing this valuation report that was provided from NYC to Toronto in order to have it converted into Canadian dollars. When trying to insure the ring, my insurance company will only take a CDN appraisal because of the fluctuation of the dollar (US vs. CDN).

Is it worth it to have an independant appraisal done, or just stick with the one they gave me?

Many thanks in advance!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would contact the store you bought the ring from with this question, they will know best. It is normally best to have an independent appraisal carried out, maybe one of the appraisers here would know the best way to advise you on that.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Contact the appraiser who signed the report, or their employer if you can''t get through to them directly, with questions about how they estimated the weights of the various elements. Appraisers can estimate weights fairly well using the dimensions of the stones but the only way to get exact weight is to use a scale before they are set. Obviously the appraiser can''t do this but often the manufacturer recorded it in advance and the appraiser can get this information from them. If they are referencing some outside source for some or all of the data (like the manufacturer in this case) they should mention this in the body of their report.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Cosmogrrl!
A contact at TCo mentioned an Evenie Burgos, Assistant Manager of Valuations. 718-350-2021. I hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results