shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I e-mailed an inquiry to Leon Mege about cost of a 5 stone setting I saw on his web site that featured 4 trapezoids as side stones along with smaller diamonds along the shank. GORGEOUS!! I stated I would have a two carat emerald cut diamond for the center stone. Today, I received a response from Mr. Mege, quoting total labor without stones and a quote of total labor plus "melee" - which is for the pave (that cost was nominal). Does this mean I have to supply the side stones too? Am I supposed to purchase the stones through him? I was kind of hoping he would expertly recommend the proper size, color and clarity for the trapezoid stones and include that with his estimate. I know I should - and I will - call for clarification, but I don''t want to sound like an idiot. I have never had any jewelry custom made, so I don''t know the ins and outs of these kinds of dealings the way so many of you out there do. Window Shopper, didn''t you recently have a ring done by Mr. Mege? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
he will find side stones for you. unless you want to find your own...

cannuck

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of having a 3 stone ring made by Leon. He will provide the side stones for you, but they are not included in the price of the setting. For instance, my setting without sidestones is approx 1500.00. I will have to pay an additional 800.00- 2000.00$ for the sidestones that he gets for me. You do not have to purchase sidestones from him. In fact, I may be getting sidestones from the vender that sold me my center stone. Discuss with Leon the ring you are interested in, size. color etc. of the sidestones (he will make some suggestions) and ask if he can give you a ballpark figure on the price.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon just made me a 3-stone ring (same style as Cannuck''s!) and I highly recommend that you purchase the sidestones through him. The advantage to having Leon choose sidestone options for you is that 1) He is an expert at matching sidestones with your center stone and he is a stickler for only using top-quality sidestones, and 2) Being in the diamond district, he has immediate access to lots of diamonds and so calling in different pairs will be a quick and easy thing...most likely at no cost to you. He will take pics of various sidestone pairs next to your stone, and then email them to you (assuming you are not in NYC) and allow you to choose. He also provides artistic guidance if you were clueless like me! His pricing is competitive, no more and no less than other PS vendors. It worked out great for my ring, the stone colors/clarities match perfectly, and I am VERY happy with the pears we chose together.

cannuck

Rough_Rock
Well put, KristyDarling. Leon can source beautiful stones for you. I will see the stones he has found for me (on Wed) before he goes ahead with the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results