shape
carat
color
clarity

question about fishtail prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Anyone see them in yellow gold? I was wondering if they were originally designed to make diamonds appear larger, kind of like the illusion settings from the forties and fifties. I''ve only seen them in white metals, but I was wondering about yellow ones too, and didn''t know if maybe there was a reason I don''t see them. Also, I can''t say that I''ve seen them on colored stones either. But I think they are SOOO pretty. Please post pictures if you have any! Thanks:)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
From what I''ve read (mostly on here of course - this is a great forum!), I think they were kind of what evolved after the illusion settings. I think maybe the ''20''s or ''30''s though (I''ve seen some vintage rings with them that are supposed to be from the ''30''s but who knows....)

I''ve only seen one stock setting with them so far - this one from Excel Diamonds.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Rings-11/Antique-4-Prong-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-ER4-643.html

I was going to get this one but am getting an eternity set instead. I am going to ask if they can do something like this on the prongs though. I love the look too....... If you have a setting you like, you might be able to ask them to just do the head/prongs custom in yellow gold (that''s what I''m going - but in rose gold)

- Jodie -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results