shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about band width--

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My E-ring is on a 3mm band, it was a band with a head attached. My question is...I want it a 2mm. I was told that it was possible to "sand" it down to a 2mm but I don't know ifthey meant before or after the head was installed.

Would it be possible to get it sanded down without having to have it dismantled? Id like it a 2mm because the 3 makes my diamond look smaller.
1.gif

How long would it take to do? A matter of minutes?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My first e-ring was a 4mm band. I wanted it to be thinner and they filed it down to 3mms in a matter of minutes while I waited.

They did not have to remove the diamond.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats what I thought. I wanted to be sure. He made it out like they could really do it easily and fast but I wanted to see what others thought . Ill be going by at lunch to pick up my new appraisal forms so I can have it done then.
1.gif

Its really nice now but I want the diamond to look bigger
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Be sure to let us know how it turns out, ame.

When I first had my ring filed down, it was 3mms but the edges were not rounded down. It looked like the edges of the ring had been sawed off...wbich they had! I later had them round the edges down and then it matched my 3mm wedding band better but not perfectly. Because the band originally had been a rounded 4mm band, there was more gold in the middle. It ended up slightly "taller" than my 3mm wedding band, if that makes any sense.

I later had this same band filed down to about 1.5mms. It was very thin and I loved it but it did not look like ohter very thin bands because again, it was a taller setting...coming up off the finger a tiny bit more than the typical solitaire.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume they'll take care of that. They know Ill be asking them to round it off otherwise
2.gif
I must be their most annoying customer.

Its there right now. Im picking it up after work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results