shape
carat
color
clarity

Quarantine Reflections: What new or different (for you) thing did you do?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe we’ve been “sheltering in place” for over two months now. When this first started I was thinking it would last two or three weeks... I never imagined it would last for two months!

So... in those two months, I’ve done some thing I hadn’t done before, and probably wouldn’t have done were it not for the quarantine. Here are a few, off the top of my head:

Zoom meetings - we’d used videoconferencing with fancy equipment fairly regularly at work, but I retired quite a few years ago. I’d never used my cell phone to participate in a meeting. I now do so weekly, for choir and worship services.

Recording my part to be mixed with other voices from my choir later. (I’m sure there’s an elegant term for that, but I don’t know what it is!)

Checking out an e-book from my local library. It was also my first time reading an e-book in its entirety.

On-line medical visit... which went surprisingly well!

I’m sure other things will come to mind...

How about you?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same with Zoom and online medical appointment!

I bought and assembled an exercise bike, a first for me on both counts.

Had groceries delivered.

My craving for sushi became so out of control I used said grocery delivery to order sushi making supplies and my spicy salmon rolls turned out to be spectacular (though I cooked the salmon because I can’t risk food poisoning).

I home schooled.

Next I’m going to set up a printer so I can print shipping labels and have mail picked up without going to the post office.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had 2 telemedicine home health visits. Weird but super convenient. I wish we could continue those but for appointments where blood or other tests are necessary that require office visits. I rather like the convenience of telemedicine visits.

I have not yet done a zoom call but my DH is doing them. He prefers them one on one vs. group zoom calls. One of his Zoom calls involved 12 of his friends.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+one on telemedicine, zoom, homeschooling!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1. Video conferencing. My company went from conference calls to Teams meetings earlier this year, but it was still mostly being used for voice calls. Then this hit and suddenly people were turning on their cameras for the meetings, to feel more connected. I was totally resistant to it in the beginning (I actually have to wash my hair?!?!) but now it's become the norm.

2. Grocery delivery. I always thought you had to see/touch groceries but this finally pushed me to do it and I may never go back now.

3. Virtual doctor visits. I had 1 for myself and just had 1 for my son this morning. I didn't have to take a personal day from work, spend half a day driving there then sit in the waiting room, all for 5-10 min with the doctor! Life changing.

4. Hand sanitizers. I know, it's like second nature now but I used to hate them. But ill probably never be able to touch things without literally feeling like my hands are on fire.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much had change for us. We still see our grandkids 5X per week. The only change for me is no morning coffee and lunch with my friends, so a lot of home cooking during the past 2 months.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
cooking everything from scratch due to necessity as we had to shop in our own neighbourhod which was more exspensive as we could not get our usual grocery deliveries

now out of lockdown we are still putting out way less rubbish ! and still cooking mostly from scratch !

yesterday i rang up the waste company and got our pick ups changed to fortnightly over the winter as we just arn't generation the same amount of house hold waste

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much had change for us. We still see our grandkids 5X per week. The only change for me is no morning coffee and lunch with my friends, so a lot of home cooking during the past 2 months.

Were you part of the McDonalds morning crew? ;)2

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My craving for sushi became so out of control I used said grocery delivery to order sushi making supplies and my spicy salmon rolls turned out to be spectacular (though I cooked the salmon because I can’t risk food poisoning).

Wow! I’m impressed! Post some of your creations next time you make sushi!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand sanitizers. I know, it's like second nature now but I used to hate them. But ill probably never be able to touch things without literally feeling like my hands are on fire.

Me too. I’ll admit that I pretty much poo-pooed hand sanitizers, at least for my personal use. I once bought a purse-sized bottle because a youth group was selling them as a fundraiser. I through it away, mostly unused, just a few months ago, figuring that if I hadn’t used it yet, I never would.

That pretty much describes my limited experience dabbling in the stock market, too!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much changed for me except having to accept that what I want to get from the grocery store would almost never be available. A grocery list nowadays is just a rough outline. It's still happening, we're still on lockdown. I had 3 doctor appts. by phone. That should always be an option, lol.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Me too. I’ll admit that I pretty much poo-pooed hand sanitizers, at least for my personal use. I once bought a purse-sized bottle because a youth group was selling them as a fundraiser. I through it away, mostly unused, just a few months ago, figuring that if I hadn’t used it yet, I never would.

That pretty much describes my limited experience dabbling in the stock market, too!
Right after this virus thing hit and you couldn't find hand sanitizers anywhere, I was hoarding my 2 bottles of little travel size hand sanitizers like they were gold. I went out to get groceries one day and after decided to wash my "contaminated" clothes, totally forgetting that I had one of the hand sanitizers in my pocket! I nearly cried when I pulled out the empty bottle out of the washer!

I will never take hand sanitizers for granted...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results