shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of stones in tennis bracelet vs studs?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I recently upgraded my diamond e-ring and I did not trade in/sell my original 2ct diamond. I have found a match for the diamond would have the diamonds set in martini studs.

I’m also looking at an 8ct, 0.25pt x 32 ACA plat 3 prong Tennis bracelet from Whiteflash.

I figured the TB is just as visible as the e-ring so this warrants ACA diamonds. Earrings are not visable up close, plus I have long hair. My 2ct is not an ACA, just excellent cut, H color, I1 - white inclusion not visable unless you no were to look and are in the right light. Jeweler found a diamond with same specs a type of inclusion.

I cannot wrap my head around spending 45k on 4ct ACA diamond studs, and I do not want to part with my original 2ct. Hence setting into a set of studs makes logical sense.

I’m wondering what the experts think about my line of thinking here on the “quality” of the diamonds in the studs vs. TB

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would not call myself an expert, especially in modern stones, but I tend to agree .I think earrings can tolerate lower specs. I know some folks want them the be just as nice as ring stones, but I don't mind. Some of the "bluffy" stones I see for earrings are actually really appealing for size and budget. I also look at it as I can't see my earrings and nobody is that close to look for well covered or white inclusions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results