shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of Ruby (magok)

Seng

Rough_Rock
Trade
I got 5 carat of Ruby from local person at magok.. can anyone tell me the quality of the stone.

img_20160819_165721_hdr.jpg

Seng

Rough_Rock
Trade
Cutting style is simple and one tiny dark spot is visible..

img_20160819_165622_hdr.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does it have a report from a reputable lab and what does it say about treatment?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1471808859|4068403 said:
Does it have a report from a reputable lab and what does it say about treatment?

+ 1 unless you have a scope and know what you are looking at, or you have had a LOT of experience looking at these type of gems, you need a lab report to make sure you are not being ripped off there are a world of treatments found in "Mogok Rubies" these days....

Nsmike

Rough_Rock
Pictures are notorious for not showing accurate color, but the shade I see on my monitor, is close to the shade of synthetic ruby material used in lasers. There are natural stones that color, but getting a certificate is recommended, most synthetic ruby, can be easily identified under a microscope by an expert.

RubyGent

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1471818520|4068430 said:
Lady_Disdain|1471808859|4068403 said:

+ 1 unless you have a scope and know what you are looking at, or you have had a LOT of experience looking at these type of gems, you need a lab report to make sure you are not being ripped off there are a world of treatments found in "Mogok Rubies" these days....

is there a good guide on how to read a lab report and make certain that you are not getting ripped off?

Seng

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for your inputs and advice..

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.