shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of cz these days….

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for a very small 2-3 mm 14 kt yg earring set (2) for my second and third ear holes. I have not owned any cz in years. It always got cloudy. I don’t want to spend much because I don’t wear them all the time so I was wondering about the quality of cz these days. does it still could up over time?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Quality hasn't changed. CZ is always just CZ.
Unlike diamond, CZ loses a lot of luster when it's dirty or oily. Diamond sparkles through just about anything, but any oil or film on the CZ is going to dramatically reduce the sparkle and luster.

I don't currently have any CZ in my rotation but when I rotate it in, I wash it before every wear.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with CZ, being a glass like material, is that they attract grime/oil very easily and look dull.
The best, most sparkly gem is actually a lab material Strontium Titanite, also called “Fabulite”, however low MoHo low, best for necklace or earrings.
I’d recommend Moissanite. Better sparkle than CZ and actually it seems to resist grime gathering better than anything else. A small size they look exactly like diamonds.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
The problem with CZ, being a glass like material, is that they attract grime/oil very easily and look dull.
The best, most sparkly gem is actually a lab material Strontium Titanite, also called “Fabulite”, however low MoHo low, best for necklace or earrings.
I’d recommend Moissanite. Better sparkle than CZ and actually it seems to resist grime gathering better than anything else. A small size they look exactly like diamonds.

That’s really good to know. Didn’t know

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Not all cz is created equal. Some people cut lovely ones like Chris CZ or OldMineRocks are cut by hand. But I agree that as soon as it gets dirty it dulls!

ETA - my Chris CZs with my diamonds:

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Cool info. So strontium titanite is like sphene titanite but lab created and available in various colors? Do you know if the colors can be as-grown like green moissanite or have to be coated like pink moissanite?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results