shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for the ladies. which would you prefer ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a job interview with all men or all women panel ?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? A man. I tend to get kind of intimidated by women that are professionally "above" me, but it all really does depend on the person. I usually do my best in male interviews, but the job I have now, I was interviewed with a woman and she wanted to hire me on the spot. She''s awesome, though, so she was special circumstances
37.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t matter to me. I''ve more often than not interviewed with women, and they seem to like me.

I''m not a flirty type, so it''s not like that gets me anywhere.

I am enthusiastic and honest, and both men and women can see and appreciate that.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Men. Women seem to take a while to warm up to me. Not really sure why, but that''s just how it seems to go for me.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm... I don't know. I don't think I'd care.

I'm not the kind of woman (physically or personality wise) that has an 'edge' with men. Thankfully, that also means I'm not all that intimidating or jealous-hate inducing for the average woman (hopefully).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either, or. Makes no difference to me.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, no strong preference - I''ve had good and bad interviews with both. I think interviews involve almost as much chemistry as dating, personally, and its at least partly just a question of whether you "click" with the person or not...

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:13:38 PM
Author: joflier
Men. Women seem to take a while to warm up to me. Not really sure why, but that''s just how it seems to go for me.
Ditto.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Men, in my experiences, women can be pretty hard on other women in the professional world.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Me too.

Jo-must be because we''re lookers
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:14:43 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Me too.

31.gif

LOL, so because women usually warm up to me, what does that say about me??
6.gif
2.gif
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:07:40 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
a job interview with all men or all women panel ?

I suppose either would be fine. (As long as I could seduce at least one of them and convince him/her to give me a job, of course.)
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:13:05 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Men, in my experiences, women can be pretty hard on other women in the professional world.
Ditto.

I''m not sure what it is, but I get alone much better with men than with women in my professional life. (And it definitely isn''t because I''m a "looker" or a flirt--I''m neither, so don''t get any ideas.) If I had to guess, I''d say that maybe it''s because some women still feel as if they have to act tough at work in order to be taken seriously.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:22:15 PM
Author: Haven

Ditto.

I''m not sure what it is, but I get alone much better with men than with women in my professional life. (And it definitely isn''t because I''m a ''looker'' or a flirt--I''m neither, so don''t get any ideas.) If I had to guess, I''d say that maybe it''s because some women still feel as if they have to act tough at work in order to be taken seriously.

WHOA, lady! You may not be a flirt, but I''ve seen your wedding photos and you ARE a looker.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Give me a panel of men anyday.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Men, 100%.

Women don't like me. Apparently most of the women in my life who are friends or superiors, when they first met me, actually found me extremely intimidating/"bit#$y".
15.gif
However, upon first impression, most of my male superiors found me very strong willed and self confident.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Men.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I get along with individuals of either gender, so long as they''re intelligent. In all honesty, I''d prefer a mixed group because I think you can get an unpleasant dynamic in any kind of homogeneous environment where you''re the standout, in the case of this example by dint of gender or unfamiliarity. But because I''d have slightly more in common with the all XY chromosome panel, I''ll go with the ladies. Feminine solidarity FTW!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t matter. As long as they know what they''re doing, and aren''t pretentious a-holes, sounds good to me. People who interview, or recruit, should possess the knack of making the interviewee/applicant feel at ease--asking questions that will attempt to bring out an individual''s best. If they don''t have that ability, they shouldn''t be holding the interview.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Men...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:15:48 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 3/11/2009 11:14:43 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Do I really need to answer that??? LOL KIDDING!!! You''re gorgeous and probably nicer than me IRL. I have a not-so-lady-like personality so I''ve always gotten along better with guys.

Me too.

31.gif

LOL, so because women usually warm up to me, what does that say about me??
6.gif
2.gif
3.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to pick, men.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Men. Although I have had interviews with boards of women before and they''ve gone great also.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:42:04 PM
Author: meresal
Men, 100%.

Women don''t like me. Apparently most of the women in my life who are friends or superiors, when they first met me, actually found me extremely intimidating/''bit#$y''.
15.gif
However, upon first impression, most of my male superiors found me very strong willed and self confident.
Same here. I''m not sure why, but most women seem to consider me "a threat" at first. I guess that''s what a confident professional who takes care of her good looks inspires in them - a desire to make her life miserable. Sorry, can you tell this kind of attitude makes me a bit bitter?
20.gif
Luckily, I don''t have any female superiors and my few real girlfriends are smart, successful and happy with their lives so they don''t have the need to mess with mine.

Men on the other hand love to see a combination of ambition and well groomed appearance. That''s why I prefer to work with men in principle. And I''m more of the "ice princess" than the "flirty cheerleader" type of girl so there''s absolutely no way to misinterpret my intentions, trust me
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t care. Honestly. I care more about their personalities and their position (and how they impact the job I am interviewing for).

Honestly I think interviews are two way streets. I tell them straight out at the start that I am going to be evaluating them as much as they are me, and that I will have some questions for them. I say it nicely. But I have a backbone, and I show it. How people react to that has more to do with their personalities and experience than with their gender.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t worry me, thinking about it I have never been interviewed by a man before.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m in engineering, which is kind of interesting because I almost always interview with men. When I''ve had the occasional woman, I''ve felt either an instant connection that she knows what it''s like to be a woman in this job and she likes me. The other side is that she sees another young woman who could be a threat or mess up the department.

Younger men (under maybe 50) tend to be pretty neutral I think. The older men are the worst because I usually feel looked down on instantly for being young and female.

So it''s pretty much a toss up for me! Both genders have good and bad sides.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Men.

That said though, the BEST jobs I''ve ever had - EVER, I''ve been interviewed by women...
33.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:22:15 PM
Author: Haven

Ditto.

I''m not sure what it is, but I get alone much better with men than with women in my professional life. (And it definitely isn''t because I''m a ''looker'' or a flirt--I''m neither, so don''t get any ideas.) If I had to guess, I''d say that maybe it''s because some women still feel as if they have to act tough at work in order to be taken seriously.

I feel the same way (and I am not a flirt either).

I have had some women who are in the position to evaluate me tell me they told me to a tougher standard than men because of my gender. You would never hear a guy say that, he would be accused of being sexist.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I wouldn''t be too pleased with having "all" of either choice - I''ve been interviewed by two men before and I''ve been interviewed by two women, and neither one was more comfortable or uncomfortable than the other, but I do like having the ability to connect with different interviewers in different ways and read/respond to different signals.

However, if it came down to it, I''d probably choose all women. I know that I have a very expressive face and that I smile a lot, and I think these are probably things that women tend to have a stronger response to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results