shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for PSer with daughter(s)...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do they love jewelry as much as you do? pick up any jewelry influences from mommy?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have daughters only son's, however, I am 1 of 3 daughters my Mom has and my Mom loves jewelry, me and my younger sister are obessed with jewelry and my older sister loves jewelry as well, but she is not obessed, so I think we inherited the gene :naughty:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 3 year old is obsessed with all things that sparkle. She has actually asked if she can have my diamond studs when she is older. I made the mistake of saying yes (thinking when she got married or something) and then she went through a phase where she said everyday, "I am older now. Can I have them?" She also sometimes insists on kissing my jewelry. A future PSer in the making.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom likes jewelry, tho she's loathe to spend more than $50 on anything. My grandparents (mom's parents) were into jewelry and colored stones..grampa used to cut gemstones. Gramma on Dad's side had a dresser full of jewelry. An entire clothes dresser, with trays stacked on top of each other, full. Real and costume, she had it all.

London snuck the WF calender off the wall and I caught her flipping pages and talking to herself about each piece. We've gone thru it together a few times and I find she likes the colored stones most, like Mommy does. She loves to have me get my stones out and see the sparklies in the light. I told her we'd do some projects together when she's older and she's pretty excited about it.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
18 years old and she is already planning her engagement ring- she knows she wants a princess cut diamond.

She always borrows my stuff, but my ring size is smaller than hers so she can't borrow my rings :appl:

While DD loves diamonds, I think she is more into gemstones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter loves jewelry. We have the same taste in jewelry. She's rocking my ACA diamond studs in a martini setting. But she's 22 and very responsible. She borrowed them years ago, and that was that!!!! :cheeky:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any children yet, but I honestly have no idea where my own love for diamonds came from. My mother doesn't ever wear her engagement ring, and she is just not interested in diamonds. My friends don't really care much about them either - they *might* notice the size, but no one has more than about 1.5 carats (and those aren't very common). They don't care about the other three 'C's at all.

I live in an area where jewelry doesn't seem to be that important. I think that I just started to become interested when my fiance and I were researching for my engagement ring, and it all just took off from there!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter (almost 22) isn't really into jewelry, although she likes to wear fun costume jewelry pieces. Right now her main interest is shoes...I have never seen anyone so into shoes in my life.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I have one daughter who is SOOO in to jewlery. I have a freind who works in a jewlery store and when she was 18 months old she was looking in the ring case and saw a ring that was exactly like mine and pointed to it and said "MOMMY"S". She is three now and I have had to move my jewlery box to a higher shelf to keep her out of it. I keep saying I am in BIG trouble with that one.

My grandmother designed jewlery and worked in the industry for many years so I think it must be genetic this thing for sparkly stuff. My hubby always gives me a hard time when I want something new. So far, I have been able to keep it to one new item every year or so. That being said, I just got a re-set about 6 months ago and now I have my eye on a 5 stone. (wondering if I can get it without him noticing :naughty:

:bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that she is 23 she is finally starting to appreciate (and borrow) my jewelry and realize yellow gold is not evil AND looks better with her skin tone. She is already making plans for my diamonds when I go into a nursing home ( in about 30 years)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1298175454|2855813 said:
Now that she is 23 she is finally starting to appreciate (and borrow) my jewelry and realize yellow gold is not evil AND looks better with her skin tone. She is already making plans for my diamonds when I go into a nursing home ( in about 30 years)

DD asked me a similar question a few months ago!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1298150462|2855573 said:
My 3 year old is obsessed with all things that sparkle. She has actually asked if she can have my diamond studs when she is older. I made the mistake of saying yes (thinking when she got married or something) and then she went through a phase where she said everyday, "I am older now. Can I have them?" She also sometimes insists on kissing my jewelry. A future PSer in the making.

Awww that is so cute :) LOL

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any kids, but my mom (and my 2 aunts) definitely starting me on loving jewelry. When I was little, they'd give me earrings or a pendant or some piece of jewelry for every birthday. My mom has a great collection of diamond and gemstone rings and last time I visited her, we got out all of our sparklies and played like little girls shining our rings and trying them on, etc. It was a lot of fun!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a sparkle obsessed daughter and granddaughter!

My dad collects watches. He takes great delight in reminding me that some of his watches are worth more than I am!

My dad kept a mistress (my bmother) for nearly a decade and he showered her in sparkles. Some quite meh, some really good - diamond rings, pearls, an emerald pendant, a Cartier watch. Much to my dismay she's sold off most of it to feed her alcoholism. ;(

My maternal grandmother also has quite a substantial collection. She collects mostly one-of-a-kind pieces by unknown designers but she has a very good eye. Her pieces are classic and will age well.

Then again, "classic" and "age well" actually describes my gran quite well. She still carries a Chanel handbag she bought in 1962!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My daughter is a college senior at art school, and does not like jewelry. But then, she pretty much doesn't like anything that I do. :roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results