shape
carat
color
clarity

Putin Critic Killed In Ukraine

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, horrible. But not surprising at all.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
How many is this now? Past 8?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd one this week. First one was pushed off the balcony of a 4 story buildiing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd one this week. First one was pushed off the balcony of a 4 story buildiing.
Yup. It's horrible. I don't even know what the total body count is at this point

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a bit of reality. I feel sorry for anyone killed in broad daylight (RIP, Voronenkov), but he was not a "Putin critic". Till the end of last year, Voronenkov was the member of Russian Duma (parliament) and he was also head of some anti-corruption committees. Himself as corrupted as they come. Just a hateful, open thief, both Russia and Ukraine are full of thieves who have robbed their people and call themselves politicians. But as the deputy, he was "untouchable". In November, the time of his deputy mandate was over, and he was facing imprisonment for raider seizure of a very expensive mansion in downtown Moscow (which in itself is a surprise - corruptioners usually stay unpunished - but maybe he did not share with someone). So at that time, he and his wife fled to Ukraine and he postured himself as Putin's critic. We probably shall never know who killed him, and why, both Russia and Ukraine blame one another, and some say it has to do with his "financial activity". The smarter commentaries I read were about the fact that he should have fled to London which is much safer than Ukraine.

Still sorry because he.left a widow with three kids who is now pregnant. But, Voronenkov was not a bold opposition leader. Just another very, very corrupted politician who used to be the head of anti-corruption committee. In Russian Internet, there is a movie about Medvedev, Russia's PM, and his level of corruption. As any normal person, I am indignant because kids in Russian orphanages are hungry, while officials buy wineries in Italy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a bit of reality. I feel sorry for anyone killed in broad daylight (RIP, Voronenkov), but he was not a "Putin critic". Till the end of last year, Voronenkov was the member of Russian Duma (parliament) and he was also head of some anti-corruption committees. Himself as corrupted as they come.

Thank you for the clarification, Arkteia. I learned this on television last night. I am not well versed in who is who in Russia, but I know that you are. I am glad we have you here to clear things up for us! It might be more accurate to say that someone else got on Putin's bad side than to say he was Putin's critic. It sounds like a falling out among thieves. Nonetheless, it proves how dangerous and ruthless Putin is.

Thanks again!
Deb :wavey:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surely. I still feel bad just because death is always sad, and he was a relatively young man. But, it is not something with principles, like Galina Starovoitova, a politician whose assassination has remained a mystery; nor is he anything like Kyra Politkovskaya, a journalist writing about Chechnya war. There were enough honest, sincere people who were killed in a horrible, barbaric way, and we shall probably never know why. This guy was not a hero.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galina_Starovoytova
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results