shape
carat
color
clarity

Push Present Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi all- i did a search to see if there has been any threads on this but i didn''t come across any. i was wondering if anyone has ideas for a push present that you can add onto later when you have more children. i was thinking a necklace with different pendants, perhaps the birthstone of the month the child was born in and then add others for future children. the pendant would probably need a bail then right...would that look funny? one necklace with multiple pendants and bails? i was also thinking maybe an open heart pendant for each child. originally i had thin bands in mind and stacking them but i''m not sure if i''d really wear numerous rings at one time especially with my wedding set on the other hand. i''m sure you PSers have some great ideas. please chime in!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
You could do a charm bracelet with the stones of each child, it might be easier than multiple pendants.

I think most push presents that I have seen have been stacker rings.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 10:21:23 AM
Author: litebrite
You could do a charm bracelet with the stones of each child, it might be easier than multiple pendants.

I think most push presents that I have seen have been stacker rings.

I really like the charm bracelet idea

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sugar, great topic.

I like the idea of a charm bracelet as well. I have a charm bracelet that was my beloved grandmothers. It is one of my absolute favorite things.

A pro for the stacking rings, however, is that you could eventually give them to your children if you so desired. It''s sort of a strange thing to consider but I have a friend who has inherited a bunch of jewelry from her in-laws. Her MIL apparently considered the distribution years ago and made sure she had several things that could be spread among her three children. I have four kids so it really got me thinking-what an excuse for more jewelry!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Another PSer here posted a Push Present given to her by her MIL because it was the MIL's present for the birth of her son (the PSer's husband). It was a sapphire ring and if I could find her story I'd post the link. Anyways, her MIL had 3 children and there was a push gift for each one, I think one was a ring, the other a necklace, and the last earrings (I think) and when the child gets married, the push present becomes theirs or their spouses'. I also saw another ring which had hidden stones which was a stone for all the members of her immediate family and it was just one band...I'll find a picture for that too! And I also like the charm bracelet idea!! So, I'll be right back and I hope I can find them!

EDIT: I was a dork and didn't see you specifically wanted one where you can add to it after each child. My bad!! I vote charm bracelet then!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sugar, as far as charm bracelets I think the traditional ones are great, I have one myself and hope to inherit my grandmother''s someday. You might also find Pandora charms/bracelets intriguing. There are a few threads on them on PS and of course they have a website. Good stuff, very durable, lots of baby/children/birthstone related charms, and they come in 14k yg, sterling silver, or a mix of both.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I love Pandora too and would vote for one of their charm bracelets or necklaces. They have birthstone pendants you could use for each child and maybe special charms for important life events (like the kids going to kindergarten etc.??)

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for chiming in everyone. i'm don't wear bracelets very often at all so i don't think charm bracelet is the way to go for me. i do like the idea of passing down the push presents to the kids once they're older.

luckyeshe- i like your ring! great idea! did you have it made through a PS vendor or a local store?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
tacori has a gorgeous pendant that you can add onto...dh has said i will have it one day
emsmile.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
NYC- that sounds interesting. which necklace/pendant is it? is it on their website?

ETA: i just checked out tacori's site and saw some really pretty monogram pendants! this would be a great option for me. thanks for mentioning tacori, NYC!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone mentioned a gold Initial charm of the child.A big bold charm in block or script to be worn on a bracelet or chain!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
this is the circle of life pendant....the diamond in the pic is for a child born in july...you put the diamonds in the months in which your child is born

circleoflife.png

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 9:19:13 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
this is the circle of life pendant....the diamond in the pic is for a child born in june...you put the diamonds in the months in which your child is born
That is so pretty! Who makes that? I'm just thinking that a pendant like this could be used to mark any special occasion, like an anniversary. I really like it with all the milgraining and the scalloped gold work.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
thats a tacori....circle of life pendant
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

thats going to be my new "precious" when i get it..lol

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
this is the circle of life pendant....the diamond in the pic is for a child born in july...you put the diamonds in the months in which your child is born
This is the best circle pendant ive seen.very nice!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

what a beautiful idea

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful! I love this idea!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
that''s beautiful, NYC! so you can add stones to each of those little "half moon" areas around the inner circle of the pendant? that''s a great idea. i wonder if they can do gemstones?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m sure they can do whatever stone you like...i''ll take diamonds please...lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Testing...

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 6:50:19 PM
i''m sure they can do whatever stone you like...i''ll take diamonds please...lol
lol. i know! after i posted that i was thinking "hmm, wait, since those slots already represent a month, i''ll just put diamonds in there!" haha. i love that you can add to it when you have future children. i guess you just have to send it back to tacori?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results