shape
carat
color
clarity

Purranha’s Pandemic Panic Projects & Purchases

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s getting late here so haven’t read whole thread but I’m commenting just to say I am fascinated by this project so I want to follow. Also I have an orchid ring (MUCH smaller haha than your vision) with a pink tourmaline. Will read entire thread tomorrow:)

Purranha

Rough_Rock
A bit of additional info here. Petals will be white gold. The middle trap stone is hot pink spinel. The round and marquise are clear diamonds. All the prongs will be yellow gold. And the side stems will be yellow diamond melee pave over yellow gold.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am bad at CAD input so I hope the others will chime in but I think it's going to look so spectacular and cannot wait to see it.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
I am bad at CAD input so I hope the others will chime in but I think it's going to look so spectacular and cannot wait to see it.

Thank you Mreader! yah the CAD throws me off big time. I've seen some jewelers use more color-realistic CADs and not sure why some has weird colorations. And the pavé portion is supposed to sit flat/flushed, but on CAD looks like a bunch of frog eggs clustered on the side stems!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm useless w CAD but so excited to see this project!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
This is going to be a showstopper
Excited to see it!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
I think we are pretty close - I'm inquiring about ringdant possibility, and if not, potentially a split shank for added stability since it is going to be such a big/heavy ring. Will keep you all posted!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we are pretty close - I'm inquiring about ringdant possibility, and if not, potentially a split shank for added stability since it is going to be such a big/heavy ring. Will keep you all posted!

ringdant seems like a great idea to get more potential opportunity to wear this piece, it is going to be something special!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a read!!! I can't believe DK can just... scan an orchid and make it a thing. Amazing. @Purranha this is going to be absolutely spectacular (and a lethal weapon :lol:)!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a bit stumped on this one and worry about the jarringness between the standard flat basket for the stones and the fluid flow of the petals. Perhaps the curvature of the petals will help soften / hide the basket IRL.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
I am a bit stumped on this one and worry about the jarringness between the standard flat basket for the stones and the fluid flow of the petals. Perhaps the curvature of the petals will help soften / hide the basket IRL.

Thank you for the input Chrono! Do you have suggestions for alternative ways to secure the stones onto the petals? Initially I was hoping for wire claws and imagined those being fused/secured directly onto the petal. But to be honest I didn't know if that was even a realistic option structurally. So when DK sent CAD with the basket construction, I didn't question it. And I think I will mostly be seeing this ring top down and not as much of the side profiles, so figured the baskets would be pretty discrete!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Purranha I'm really sorry for the thread jack but you are inspiring me to try and get my own orchid pendant (but likely without stones in the middle and nothing on the bottom).

Do you mind sharing an approx cost from DK for yours?

If you don't want to share publicly (which I completely understand), I can be reached through LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/5-stone-sapphire-trellis-ring

I would love something like this: http://pavelryzhenkov.com/maineng?store-page=Брошь-‘Орхидея’-p206374810

Except smaller and in gold, but afraid it will be cost prohibitive.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
@Purranha I'm really sorry for the thread jack but you are inspiring me to try and get my own orchid pendant (but likely without stones in the middle and nothing on the bottom).

Do you mind sharing an approx cost from DK for yours?

If you don't want to share publicly (which I completely understand), I can be reached through LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/5-stone-sapphire-trellis-ring

I would love something like this: http://pavelryzhenkov.com/maineng?store-page=Брошь-‘Орхидея’-p206374810

Except smaller and in gold, but afraid it will be cost prohibitive.

Hello Lovedog! I don’t mind sharing at all. In the past, I’ve found it most helpful when ladies shared costs & details of projects, so happy to provide info as well.

The quote for 14K full-sized orchid was $2,500. And DK mentioned that he can shrink the size down. And to be honest I’m not sure if the quote included the setting costs. My stone costs should be low since I provided all the stones except for the melees.

DK still has my orchid - he offered to send it back to me first but I told him no need. So if you don’t have an orchid template already and want to use mine, now is the time to reach out to DK! I don’t know if the scan machine keeps data of prior scans or if he’s have to do the scan again.

And if you are interested in silver orchid pieces, let me know and I can provide info of where I got my silver ring from! I know she has made orchid necklaces too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Lovedog! I don’t mind sharing at all. In the past, I’ve found it most helpful when ladies shared costs & details of projects, so happy to provide info as well.

The quote for 14K full-sized orchid was $2,500. And DK mentioned that he can shrink the size down. And to be honest I’m not sure if the quote included the setting costs. My stone costs should be low since I provided all the stones except for the melees.

DK still has my orchid - he offered to send it back to me first but I told him no need. So if you don’t have an orchid template already and want to use mine, now is the time to reach out to DK! I don’t know if the scan machine keeps data of prior scans or if he’s have to do the scan again.

And if you are interested in silver orchid pieces, let me know and I can provide info of where I got my silver ring from! I know she has made orchid necklaces too.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate this info!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs just to give you another option I’ll share my orchid as well. I hope this doesn’t come across as too much thread jacking. I was really inspired by the Cartier Caresse d’Orchidées line but didn’t want to pay Cartier pricing and got this ring off of Etsy shop Rethink Gold. She made changes to customize. She’s done other custom things for me. I got the ring a couple of years ago and it cost about $400 then.

C8DAABF7-E25E-4F57-AEBE-9C09C29E4864.jpeg

A9956F7D-62BC-4723-9762-2616DE33F87E.jpeg

Purranha

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs just to give you another option I’ll share my orchid as well. I hope this doesn’t come across as too much thread jacking. I was really inspired by the Cartier Caresse d’Orchidées line but didn’t want to pay Cartier pricing and got this ring off of Etsy shop Rethink Gold. She made changes to customize. She’s done other custom things for me. I got the ring a couple of years ago and it cost about $400 then.

C8DAABF7-E25E-4F57-AEBE-9C09C29E4864.jpeg

A9956F7D-62BC-4723-9762-2616DE33F87E.jpeg

OMG not at all, and LUV your ring!!!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
OMG I heard back from DA regarding the additional cost for converting a ring into a ringdant. An additional $1K... Ouch. Haha omg. I may just go with a plain good old fashioned ring...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I heard back from DA regarding the additional cost for converting a ring into a ringdant. An additional $1K... Ouch. Haha omg. I may just go with a plain good old fashioned ring...

Wow, that's a high cost! ! I would just stick with a ring or pendant, rather than paying that much to be able to convert.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think I paid a lot more for my ring-dants so the price is quite shocking to me.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Wowza. What does it entail to make it that much higher I wonder?

Purranha

Rough_Rock
The mechanism is a bit more complicated - they have to build a hinge/clasp. But yah the ringdant conversion seems to be quite common in Asia at nominal additional cost. I think I will most likely skip that step.

I did a mock up of one of the necklaces I can connect the flower to if I did a convertible. Yah or meh? Meh lol?
IMG_5985.jpeg

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
So feminine

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Eager to see this completed!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
I debated about shiny vs satin/matte finish for the petals, but was recommended shiny by a few friends as matte finish scratches more easily. The shiny picks up the gold basket of the diamond setting which I really like. And DK can repolish the petals to a satin/matte finish in the future if I ever decide to go for that.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I was just coming here to post bc I saw this on IG and recognized it immediately as yours. WOW! It is amazing and I can’t wait to see it on your hand!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Enjoy!

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies! It took a while, but the ring is finally done! I don't have it in hand yet, but have the glamour shots from DK.

66807-7.jpg 66807-6.jpg 66807-2.jpg

I saw this on insta and immediately ran over here hoping it was a psers!! Please post approximately ten thousand hand shots when you get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results