carat
color
clarity

Purple pearl found in appetizer!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What good luck!
Quahog pearls are so unusual. It would make a great pendant with some little diamonds.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty one!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I didn't know pearls came in purple either. My brother lives near that beach and we go quite often to eat clams... haven't found anything in 30 years though.... maybe the next batch? :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I didn't know pearls came in purple either. My brother lives near that beach and we go quite often to eat clams... haven't found anything in 30 years though.... maybe the next batch? :)

I can read the news now..”Family rushed to the hospital after clam overdose!” :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well I'll be clammed!:tongue:

cheers--Sharon

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I believe the purple only comes from quahog clams! Clam pearls are rare but if they happen they are still usually white, like those from mussels or oysters. I don’t think they usually have any luster either, but someone correct me if I’m wrong!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe the purple only comes from quahog clams! Clam pearls are rare but if they happen they are still usually white, like those from mussels or oysters. I don’t think they usually have any luster either, but someone correct me if I’m wrong!

It doesn’t look like it has any luster. The color is very pretty though. It needs a diamond halo!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

when i was a teenager i once found a grey one no luster inside a green lipped musscle shell we had picked off the rocks ourselves
have no idea where it is though

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is awfully nice!
There are so many kinds of unusual pearls to collect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results