shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchasing CS side stones in advance?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone buy/collect CS side stones in the hope they would find a centre stone for them at a later date?

Just being nosy, that's all.

DK :))

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I do. I also collect vintage mountings, sometimes to use, and sometimes just for the stones.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I do too. If it or they really speak to me, I buy them, hoping to be hit by inspiration for a setting at a later date. Meanwhile, I'm just happy to admire them as loose stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1422535922|3823740 said:
Does anyone buy/collect CS side stones in the hope they would find a centre stone for them at a later date?

Just being nosy, that's all.

I do. If a really good matched pair come along, I find it hard to pass it up, even if I don't know what I'm going to put in the middle of them. I still have some matched pairs around that I have to eventually set.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have a few pairs still unset with no thoughts as to what to set them with at the moment. I've had my pair of cushion red spinels unset for more than 10 years until I finally set it with my AVC. I buy them if the colour and price is right.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy matched pairs more for the prospect of eventually making earrings with them, but one never knows. I have yet to venture into the world of diamond pairs for sides like traps or half moons.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear I am not the only magpie when it comes to CS side stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results