shape
carat
color
clarity

PT today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
didnt go too well.
Said Iv been over doing it and wants me to not use it for anything for the next week.
Its inflamed around the tendon that was repaired.

Going to be a longer road than I was hoping for :{

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to hear that, storm. Best to give it a rest and let nature take it''s course with healing rather than pushing it. Relax in your new comfy chair (I want one!) with a good book and take it easy! I''m sure it will be better soon.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh strm, I''m so sorry, but it could be worse I guess! Take it easy for a bit and I''m sure you''ll be much better in no time!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no!!!!! You really need to listen to her and take it easy. It will be an even longer road if you don''t heed her warnings. Rest in that new chair of yours and we''ll keep you company. You''ve got Wink TV, John Q TV and all the rest, hehe. Plus it''s cold outside, you don''t want to venture out in this weather anyway!!!
11.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Awfully sorry to hear this. Is the cause of the inflamation simply overuse?

Hang in there - I am sure it will improve in time. Is there anything you can do for it to improve it?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of you this morning remembering that you had said that Jan. 22 was your next PT app''t. I''m sorry that progress is going to be slowed down a bit
7.gif
, but three cheers for you for having put so much effort into your PT. As Lisa said, there are many great diversions that you can enjoy while resting in that great chair.

Take it easy!
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you been overusing it by doing too many repetitive movement type tasks? I know for mom there are certain exercises she is supposed to do every day or whatever, but was told NOT to do any ''repetitive movements'' with it to strain it. Take it easy and enjoy that big comfy chair!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear that, I know that is a bummer to hear

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''m almost afraid to ask, but was it too much typing Storm? I hope not. Would an anti-inflammatory help?

I''m routing for you and hope you don''t have too many more setbacks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone....

going to answer all the questions in one post...
short periods of typing don''t appear to bug it as long as I hold my arm right.
Too long keeping it one position and it stiffens up so its a balancing act.

Yes she thinks its overuse, living alone there are a lot of things I have to do myself and ill admit to not babying it.
Kinda a catch 22 ... don''t move it and it gets stiff and sore use it too much and its inflamed.

I cant take anti-inflammatory meds because of my blood thinners.

not much to do with it but not use it as much as possible and let it heal.
I suspect I did most of the damage cleaning snow off my car and carrying groceries.

It wasn''t explained very well what not too do I figured since the incision was healed up I could start using it more just to watch out for any weight with a bent wrist which the doc warned me about.

Its going to be 6 more weeks before they want me to even think about strengthening exercises or using it more.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear its not on the mend as well as you hoped.

If it will keep you amused I can post some more stupid questions for you to answer
9.gif

Newbies are the worst for that lol.....

Get well soon!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care Storm.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 3:59:19 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Sorry to hear its not on the mend as well as you hoped.

If it will keep you amused I can post some more stupid questions for you to answer
9.gif

Newbies are the worst for that lol.....

Get well soon!
Thanks!

lol there are no stupid questions if its something you truely want the answer too and you want to learn.
Iv asked my share off questions that im sure wernt very smart ones.

The only annoying ones are when there is 3 threads all asking the same question on the first page and someone comes in and asks again.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah I don''t believe I am guilty of that one yet...... at least I don''t think so..... did I do that?

Got me all worried now! lol.....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 4:56:42 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Ah I don''t believe I am guilty of that one yet...... at least I don''t think so..... did I do that?

Got me all worried now! lol.....
far I can remember ya havent
1.gif
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry that progress is slower than you had hoped, but these things just take time and trying to rush it along can end up costing you even more time. Try not to get discouraged and impatient.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am wishing you a quick recovery but it does take time. Baby steps
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2007 12:57:21 PM
Author: diamondsrock
sorry to hear that, storm. Best to give it a rest and let nature take it''s course with healing rather than pushing it. Relax in your new comfy chair (I want one!) with a good book and take it easy! I''m sure it will be better soon.
Best advice diamondsrock.

Take it easy strm and know that you''re not alone on your journey. All of us are pullin/prayin for ya too. A great time to have your SO rub your feet.
2.gif

Peace,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results