shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: UV nail polish dryers and cancer

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh, I don’t like these for this reason. I rarely use them.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know! I sort of wondered about that but never used one enough to care enough to look into it. (Not enough is maybe twice in my life.) I know it had been popular around my area for awhile so many people bought them. Hopefully this information gets more widely distributed. My biggest worry would be those who work in salons and change their nails often. One lady did hers every couple of days!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know! I sort of wondered about that but never used one enough to care enough to look into it. (Not enough is maybe twice in my life.) I know it had been popular around my area for awhile so many people bought them. Hopefully this information gets more widely distributed. My biggest worry would be those who work in salons and change their nails often. One lady did hers every couple of days!

Yup, it's alarming how many dangerous products just go into production without adequate safety testing. Can you say ... "Asbestos". :knockout:

But, besides lowering cancer risk, there's another important upside to this PSA.
Now I finally know what commedian Angela Johnson was saying in that 9-minute comedy video I've watched a million times.

The hilarious part about nail salons starts at 4:25.
The word I could never figure out is at 7:06.

Now I think the product mentioned must be, "Quicken Gel". LOL!

4.png

Last edited:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about those tanning beds of the 1980s! :angryfire: Linked to skin cancer and cataracts!

MichelleSam

Rough_Rock
Wow, that's new info for me. I'd never heard that such a dryer can cause cancer. But I've been doing my own nails for a long time without it, so I'm not that worried.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
They make gloves that protect your hands, but I've never actually seen anyone use them at a nail salon. Maybe those who do their own gel nails at home do more frequently?

I prefer dip nails when I get mine done, no UV light necessary. Used to do the gel and then the light combined with the fact that they just didn't last as long for me was the determining factor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results