shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: Request pearl comparison photos in multiple lighting environments

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have deliberately avoided naming any vendors to focus on the photography and consumer education questions at hand, and I would appreciate if others who choose to participate would kindly do the same.

Heads up here that I have reported a number of posts (including my own) that went off-topic from the initial PSA. No offense intended if yours is one of them! I’m hopeful those will be deleted so that this thread can remain focused on photography.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
There is also a Vendor vs. IRL photos of pearls thread, but it isn't a sticky (I think maybe it ought to be.)
Here is the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearls-vendor-vs-irl-pictures.205879/

Oh gosh I didn’t even know this existed! I’d like to do a better job of adding things to this! I think this would be an awesome sticky frankly! Especially as pearls seem to be not only more popular on PS, but out in the wild…I suspect it would get more traffic!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh I didn’t even know this existed! I’d like to do a better job of adding things to this! I think this would be an awesome sticky frankly! Especially as pearls seem to be not only more popular on PS, but out in the wild…I suspect it would get more traffic!

I just reported the first post to ask if it could be a sticky!! @pearlsngems it really is a fantastically helpful
thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results