Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
how often are you ment to get them ?
i got a booster on my army basic in '97
a drop on the tounge

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I cannot remember when I got the polio vaccine.
I remember stories my dad told me about how it was before there was a vaccine.
It was a scary time.

Here's the latest about the polio vaccines. FYI

Snip...

"

Adults​

Most adults do not need polio vaccine because they were already vaccinated as children. But three groups of adults are at higher risk and should consider polio vaccination in the following situations:

• You are traveling to a country where the risk of getting polio is greater. Ask your healthcare provider for specific information on whether you need to be vaccinated.
  • You are working in a laboratory and handling specimens that might contain polioviruses.
  • You are a healthcare worker treating patients who could have polio or have close contact with a person who could be infected with poliovirus.
Adults in these three groups who have never been vaccinated against polio should get 3 doses of IPV:

• The first dose at any time,
  • The second dose 1 to 2 months later,
  • The third dose 6 to 12 months after the second.
Adults in these three groups who have had 1 or 2 doses of polio vaccine in the past should get the remaining 1 or 2 doses. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since the earlier dose(s).

Adults who are at increased risk of exposure to poliovirus and who have previously completed a routine series of polio vaccine (IPV or OPV) can receive one lifetime booster dose of IPV.:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks missy. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results