shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA! If you want a regular H&A stone from StarsGem, make sure they don’t do this!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently I wasn’t clear when I sent THREE pictures of what I wanted. Then Lucy sends me back a video that matched the pics I sent saying she’s “made that ring before.” I thought I was safe.

Nope.

This is what I was sent this evening. Let this be a PSA. Don’t let them cut a transitional stone when you want H&A. All I said was “thick arrows” so I guess that was the wrong terminology. Even though we exchanged photos prior to me approving it and paying the invoice. In the process of requesting a recut because let’s be honest, this is terrible.

B5BFEFED-F640-4610-9C3F-E641DE031EAE.jpeg 8E75FD18-1B83-400A-BB3B-93EE002896F7.jpeg 44BD41EE-C5AE-4E57-8CED-90B620C57DA5.jpeg B06C8C72-AFAC-4291-A07C-CF3FB08E9DD8.jpeg 0D898FFC-94C0-40CA-985F-1B61F4688790.jpeg 2F6CC652-2D40-4759-88E5-B6819D86C8D3.jpeg 50BA6390-D071-486D-B360-30EFBFAE1013.jpeg 87490074-A595-4B44-AE41-AE52628E4258.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Lucy keeps sending me additional pics like I’m going to change my mind. I told her AGAIN thanks for the photos, but I want a recut. It looks nothing like the example pics. Now she’s trying to tell me it’s because of the size difference because the inspo pics were a 7.5mm. Um, what?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeek that's a disaster. It's nothing like the inspiration photos! Recut for sure!

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
Lucy keeps sending me additional pics like I’m going to change my mind. I told her AGAIN thanks for the photos, but I want a recut. It looks nothing like the example pics. Now she’s trying to tell me it’s because of the size difference because the inspo pics were a 7.5mm. Um, what?

I have received equally bullshit excuses when things go wrong with Provence and another vendor. I wish they would just own up to it and move forward rather than this. Have you heard back if she's going to do a recut for you?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have received equally bullshit excuses when things go wrong with Provence and another vendor. I wish they would just own up to it and move forward rather than this. Have you heard back if she's going to do a recut for you?

She sent more pics and I told her it still wasn’t what I wanted and I’d like them redone. She replied and said “I reply you tomorrow morning” because it was past 11pm over there when she read the message. I’ll update when I hear back tonight. I assume they’ll do it, but if not, I’ll request a refund. I understand it’s such a small order for them, but still. I hate being “that customer” but I just can’t accept them as is.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She sent more pics and I told her it still wasn’t what I wanted and I’d like them redone. She replied and said “I reply you tomorrow morning” because it was past 11pm over there when she read the message. I’ll update when I hear back tonight. I assume they’ll do it, but if not, I’ll request a refund. I understand it’s such a small order for them, but still. I hate being “that customer” but I just can’t accept them as is.
Don't feel bad. You were very clear with your expectations and they screwed up. 100% not your fault.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you didn’t get what you wanted, but I’m confused myself... doesn’t “thicker arrows” usually mean transitional rather than H&A? (Out of curiosity, I’d love to know what the terminology is for an H&A that has fatter arrows rather than a splintery look but without moving to transitional.) Please update with how they handle your recut or refund!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you didn’t get what you wanted, but I’m confused myself... doesn’t “thicker arrows” usually mean transitional rather than H&A? (Out of curiosity, I’d love to know what the terminology is for an H&A that has fatter arrows rather than a splintery look but without moving to transitional.) Please update with how they handle your recut or refund!

In the beginning, when people were requesting H&A, they would get the splintery round brilliant cut. Everyone started requesting “thicker” or “strong” arrows and they looked a lot better. Now, apparently this means more of a transitional cut. I sent photos so there wasn’t any confusion, but I guess that wasn’t enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results