shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA -Frank's Sign

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of years ago I had a pair of OEC dangles made. Gorgeous but looked terrible on me. I thought it was due to my ear piercings having stretched. On further inspection, I actually have a large (huge Texas size actually!) wrinkle on my earlobe. I thought, "oh well, studs for me." Recently I noticed the wrinkle getting worse so I began to think about larger studs to cover it up. I happened to Google earlobe wrinkle to see if there was some type of procedure to reverse it. What I found was not good.

A diagonal crease in the earlobe is called Frank's Sign and is a well known sign of heart disease. Ugh!

So I made an appointment with my doctor and am still looking at larger studs.

Getting old sucks but at least I can tell DH that my bling obsession may have saved my life!!!

Normally I would be much too vain to show this picture but it may be good to check your ears.

20210403_140343.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I have to go stare at my earlobes! Wrinkles are popping up everywhere!:shock: Thanks for the PSA!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve read about this before, just checked our ears and so far all clear.

Sending good wishes for your doctors appointment!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Crikey! :shock: I had no idea! I hope you're ok. Thanks for the heads up, I'll now keep an eye out for any ear wrinkles that may appear (on top of all the other wrinkles that are appearing left, right and centre!). All the best with your doctor's appointment and with the search for larger studs.

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
A couple of years ago I had a pair of OEC dangles made. Gorgeous but looked terrible on me. I thought it was due to my ear piercings having stretched. On further inspection, I actually have a large (huge Texas size actually!) wrinkle on my earlobe. I thought, "oh well, studs for me." Recently I noticed the wrinkle getting worse so I began to think about larger studs to cover it up. I happened to Google earlobe wrinkle to see if there was some type of procedure to reverse it. What I found was not good.

A diagonal crease in the earlobe is called Frank's Sign and is a well known sign of heart disease. Ugh!

So I made an appointment with my doctor and am still looking at larger studs.

Getting old sucks but at least I can tell DH that my bling obsession may have saved my life!!!

Normally I would be much too vain to show this picture but it may be good to check your ears.

20210403_140343.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I hope and pray that this turns out to be a myth and all your medical reports turn out perfectly fine.

Would love to see your bigger stud earrings soon :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie I'm sorry about this and hope you are A OK. You are very wise to get it checked out. And thank you for sharing with us. Bling is, as I always suspected, life saving. :)

Hugs and good luck @Gussie!

Off to check my earlobes.
After I finish my breakfast that is.

Oh and yes to bigger studs. Please share when you decide which studs to buy. :appl:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks yall! I don't think the crease means impending doom but there is enough evidence of a correlation that I think it's best to check it out. I haven't ever had high cholesterol or blood pressure yet but it does run in my family. Like everything else, I am sure early detection is better in the long run.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Who knew! Keep us posted please, and hopefully yours is just a coincidence (though I have a cardiologist also, so yeah. North of 50 I guess is when it starts to suck).

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the PSA, off to remove my studs (wear them 24/7) for a ear wrinkle check. Hope all your tests come out okay @Gussie.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks yall! I don't think the crease means impending doom but there is enough evidence of a correlation that I think it's best to check it out. I haven't ever had high cholesterol or blood pressure yet but it does run in my family. Like everything else, I am sure early detection is better in the long run.

I was pretty freaked out when I read this thread, as I had an ear crease too, but mine has gone away at least for now. I'm not sure why as I read somewhere that you could reverse it but only by eliminating all dairy, and there's no way I'd do that. The only changes recently is that I've lowered my blood pressure a little and have been taking some fish oil. Have you found out any more about this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results