shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Vendor for Blue Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just finished my master''s degree program, and to celebrate, my fiance wants to get me something. I am thinking of the possibility of a right hand ring (RHR) or cocktail ring in my birthstone. I''m a November baby, and I would rather have blue topaz than citrine, because I have a color issue - my engagement ring is white gold/diamonds, and I want the new ring to be in white gold. To me, citrine + white gold = one ugly ring. However, blue topaz + white gold = tranquility and prettiness.

Anyway, I know that blue topaz is not a natural stone, in the sense that topaz is heated to achieve the blue color... but does anyone have recommendations on a trustworthy PS vendor or other online vendor that has blue topaz RHR/cocktail rings available? I tried Whiteflash and Signed Pieces but came up empty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe GOG or Pearlman's?? Congrats on finishing your Master's!!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Topaz isn''t heat treated, it is iridiated to get the blue colour. However, they are safe because the stones should have had a time period to let the radiation rays dissipate. These are very plentiful and inexpensive. Just about all vendors will carry these stones.

Try Gary at www.diamondexpert.com

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 4:28:52 PM
Author: Chrono
Topaz isn''t heat treated, it is iridiated to get the blue colour. However, they are safe because the stones should have had a time period to let the radiation rays dissipate. These are very plentiful and inexpensive. Just about all vendors will carry these stones.

Try Gary at www.diamondexpert.com
second Gary.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I thought blue topaz was December''s birthstone?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the Master''s!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
My favourite dealer is Richard M: www.artcutgems.com . Do give him a shot.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 4:16:36 PM
Author:curlyq_hw
I''m a November baby, and I would rather have blue topaz than citrine, because I have a color issue - my engagement ring is white gold/diamonds, and I want the new ring to be in white gold. To me, citrine + white gold = one ugly ring. However, blue topaz + white gold = tranquility and prettiness.

I agree that blue topaz is gorgeous in white gold. But don''t give up on the idea of a citrine in white gold! They''re not ugly! Here''s a beautiful example:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/grandfathers-citrine-from-africa.62278/

According to Wikipedia, blue topaz is actually one of the December birthstones. However, I don''t think it''s much of a stretch to use blue topaz for November, since yellow topaz is one of the November birthstones. Yellow topaz --> topaz --> blue topaz...it can be done!

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
There''s also different colours of blue topaz, sky blue, swiss blue, the darkest which is london blue. It''s a matter of preference, but I like swiss blue the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results