Brilliant_Rock
Standing? Running is more like it!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Ah... so he's got you running around chasing him

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1320585505|3055137 said:
question to Mommies of kids who were born with neither brown nor blue eyes...

at what age did they change color? Skye was born with dark blue/gray eyes. there has now been a brown ring around the pupil for several months, but the rest of it is dark green/gray. are these going to turn completely brown or will they go hazel?

DD had dark blue/gray eyes for a long time. They started changing around 10 months (from memory so I could be wrong) but I do remember they did not "settle" into her green/hazel until she was almost 2! My pedi said it was not uncommon for them to change until 2. It was quite the guessing game but love how unique her eye color is. People usually comment.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1320713956|3056481 said:
noelwr|1320585505|3055137 said:
question to Mommies of kids who were born with neither brown nor blue eyes...

at what age did they change color? Skye was born with dark blue/gray eyes. there has now been a brown ring around the pupil for several months, but the rest of it is dark green/gray. are these going to turn completely brown or will they go hazel?

DD had dark blue/gray eyes for a long time. They started changing around 10 months (from memory so I could be wrong) but I do remember they did not "settle" into her green/hazel until she was almost 2! My pedi said it was not uncommon for them to change until 2. It was quite the guessing game but love how unique her eye color is. People usually comment.

Oh wow, Tacori; I didn't know that happened when she was 2! I remember her having blue eyes. My sisters SIL has 2 kids and her BIL has the pretties blue eyes; both the kids had blue eyes until they turned 2 too! My son Miles has blue eyes but I think they will turn hazel like my dh but who knows. It is interesting to see!!!

NOEL, I love Skye's blue eyes. Tacori, T's eyes are so pretty!

MOMMAS, I love the Halloween costumes!!!! They are so stinkin ADORABLE :love:

FIERY, beautiful tinkerbell!
ALLIE, aww, adorable monster!
cute shirt and cute Evan baby!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Mamas!!

I miss you all! I have no internet right now, I didn't do a GBPS! Don't know when I'll get online again, so I finally brought my laptop to the library. I didn't realize how many times a day I jump online ot look up whatever..and now it's gone!! I may break down and get the cable internet back, it's just so expensive and cuts out constantly. Anyway, hope all the babies are doing well!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
shiny - come back!!!

- - -

QUESTION TO THE OTHER MOMMAS:

what nicknames do you have for your little one? mine are:

Skye Pie
Munchkie Wunchkie
Little Pumpkin

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I've been MIA from this thread and missed so much! Lovely photos!! :love:

fiery- I can't belive how much Sophia has grown!!! She's ADORABLE!!! Love the Tinkerbell Costume.

noelwr - our nicknames for Dalila are:

Dalila-loid
Putomayo
:))

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
N is sick again. He's still on antibiotics from the ear infection diagnosed last Tuesday. He didn't seem so hot this morning but his temp was low (just under 100) so we sent him to daycare. We gave him Motrin because his teeth seemed to be bothering him. We got a call from daycare that he had a wonderful morning but started falling asleep on the playground at about 11. The teacher picked him up and said he felt hot. His temp was 102.8. I miss my happy, healthy pre-daycare baby. I hope he comes back soon. My kid is not one of those who is happy while sick. This kid is grumpy when he's not well. I don't blame him.

I like your game Noel...I'll play!

We call N:

Yoyo
Yosef
Yosef P Martini

Grandma calls him:

Little Lambie
Nono
Baby Boy

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
noel - How fun! We have a MILLION for this kid. I joked with dh the other day that he's not going to know his name :cheeky:
(BTW, O's eyes are still what we call a non-color!)

Ol
Ollie
Ollster
Oller
Oller by Goller

Bear
Bear bear
Baby bear
Bear cub
Little bear

Little one
Young one
Young son

Busy
Busy bee
Biz
Biz Travel
Beijing Biz Travel
Business Traveler

(Can you tell that these just keep evolving?)

pupp - So sorry to hear that N is still sick!! We're going through a rough patch too. O has been congested all week and has had a little bit of a rough time sleeping (but not bad). Then on Saturday he was a mess! His temp just kept going up and up all day. Started around 99 in the morning and by the evening was 103.5. He literally sat on my lap (and slept on my shoulder) the entire day while holding his favorite board book like a security blanket. By the evening when he dropped his book on the floor and didn't care I knew he was just feeling awful! I'm not sure what he's fighting. He has a cold, has two teeth breaking through, and tugs at his ear some. So it could really be any of those. Luckily he already had a WB scheduled for tomorrow so we'll see what the pedi says. Hugs! It's so hard to watch them miserable. (I cried a lot this weekend because I felt so bad! Well that and the crazy hormones.... )

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, DH is always says N isn't going to know his name too. It's just too tempting to call them by petnames!

SS, I hope to see you around these parts soon! I can't wait to hear how Lily is doing. I love her sassy stories.

N is still sick. He's really struggling to kick this. The ear infection did not respond to Amoxicillin and is now in both ears so they switched him to Augmentin. They said to keep him home from daycare for the rest of the week if we could. MIL offered to stay with him so we hope that all of this rest and Grandma love will fix him up. He has zero appetite but I'm pretty sure that's from the Augmentin.

It's going to be interesting to see how he transitions once he's well. Right now, he's eating whatever he wants (if he'll eat), sleeping ON me, watching TV and not going to daycare. We're going to have a lot of work to do when he gets better.

Oh, and he gives these huge open mouth kisses that I can't resist...even if it means I catch his yucky infection! :love:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - We're in the same boat! O has to be out of daycare a week. The poor thing is not only cutting two teeth, he has a cold, an ear infection, and Hand Foot and Mouth Disease! He is flat out miserable. I noticed the spots on him last week and the first time I asked the pedi about them he just brushed me off and said it was because he's so fair skinned. Not satisfied I made him look at his hands and his feet again before we left, he was like, "Oh, you're right, that doesn't look normal!". I hate our pedi, I keep saying I'm going to find a new one but haven't. Moral of the story, trust your instincts! He's just fair skinned :angryfire:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, Oh no! That sounds terrible! I keep telling DH that we have to quit complaining. We keep forgetting that other parents go through this too. I hope he feels better soon.

N seemed to turn a corner tonight so we'll see how he is tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE and PUPP, I hope your little ones feel better soon. Poor O! ;( Ugh, Kunzite, how frustrating. I found that mommy intuition is usually right; huge hugs and hope you find a good ped soon. That doctor sounds awful. :nono:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Folks,
I posted on another thread and Skippy suggested I pop a photo of my pidgeon pair on here. I have been on here before, a long while ago but I hope you don't mind me wading in and introducing myself :bigsmile:

I am Lottie, my children are Neve (nearly 4) and Henry (16 months)

Iphone%200481.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lottie they are Absolutely beautiful children!!! :love: I am so glad you posted a picture! The look so happy together! Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lottie, your children are gorgeous! Henry looks like he's not much smaller than Neve. Maybe he'll soon be her *big brother*!

Kunzite, I think we're being punked. N broke out in a rash from head to toe (well, from the knee down is fine!) yesterday. Back to the doctor today... They think it's from the antibiotic but want to see him to be sure. I took pics (you do have to memorialize these moments, right?) so I'll try to post later.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diagnosis is in - Roseola. I called daycare to warn them and, so far, no other kids have it. On the bright side, the Director is waiving our tuition for next week because she feels bad that N is missing so much time. :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1321632938|3064480 said:
Diagnosis is in - Roseola. I called daycare to warn them and, so far, no other kids have it. On the bright side, the Director is waiving our tuition for next week because she feels bad that N is missing so much time. :appl:

aw poor little N, I hope he feels better soon!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Skippy and Puppmom - sorry to hear your lo is unwell. Henry is a whopper :lol: DH is 6'5 and used to play a lot of rugby so I expected Henry to be tall, but he has been comfortably in size 18-24m clothes since he was 14 months old! I dread to think what our food bills will be like when he is a teenager.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Lotte- They are ADORABLE, and I love their names! :love:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ChinaCat :bigsmile:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to pop in to share some recent pics. One is of the lovely rash. The others are playtime. He dug a tampon out of my purse and was playing with it. Of course we had to get some pics...to show at his future wedding. ;-)

Mmmm...Tampon.jpg

Rash Tub.jpg

Step Smile.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos - I love the one on the step, what a cheeky smile. He should be suitably mortified at the tampon photo when he is older!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Poor N! Does it itch?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, the rash is gone but the doc said it doesn't itch and N didn't show any signs that it did. He actually began feeling better when the rash appeared because that was the day the fever broke. The three days prior to that were rough for him because his fever ranged from 102-104.

I have a feeling the ear infection is back or was never gone in the first place. He was finished the antibiotic on Wednesday and woke this morning (if you can call it that since he barely slept last night) with a fever of 104. I gave him some Ibuprofren and it was down to 98.7 within the hour and he was happy as a clam after that. We'll see how he is when he wakes from his nap.

Lottie, hopefully that isn't the last of the embarrassingly cute pics!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Mamas I feel like I have been gone for so long but things have been busy. Every weekend we have something going on so I enjoyed my 5 days off for Thanksgiving and NOT doing anything at all. It has been unseasonably warm in my area. Today we were out in short sleeves. Charlie is 13.5 months old and chugging along. His language is really developing. He seems to be saying something new every day.
We had our first bout of the daycare disease since he has been back since August. I took him in thinking he wasn't acting like himself and the doctor found an infected ear. Here I thought he was just teething or something. I am glad we went in though.

cherlie-3.jpg

cherlie-2.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allie, great pics! I'm sure Charlie makes it easy though since he's so dang handsome!

BTW, you give me hope. I remember how sick little Charlie was when he started daycare. I feel like there's a light at the end. My poor guy is just sick all of the time.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Pupp every time we go in the doctor tells me that kids need to pay their dues at some point whether it is at 12 weeks or when they start Kindergarten and they are sick all the time. He was sick from January to June seriously non stop. Maybe 2-3 well days here and there but it was cold, cold, RSV, cold, flu, infected ear, wheezing, cold, and on and on. When he was home with me from June through August and he was well. He went back mid August and this was really the first sickness so I guess not too bad. Maybe his immunity is building up.

I am still nursing him 2 times a day much to the dismay of my MIL and my mother. Maybe this is helping him a bit with his immunity as well?

I hope that N is feeling better. I think fevers are the worst because there isn't much you can do for it. When Charlie is running a fever it literally knocks him on his bum. He just lays helpless all day long. We had a high fever after his last set of vaccines. It was terrible.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom - I hope I don't make you worry needlessly, but I read an article in one of those parenting magazines the other day, that said UTIs are often missed in little ones with high fevers and that they can have one, even if they have signs of an ear infection too. It's certainly worth asking the question, I think. I only thought of this because you said he finished antibiotics and still had a fever. What antibiotic did they prescribe? Little S just had her first ear infection too. No fun. Oh, another question. How do you take his temp? We use the ear thermometer, but I swear, it never takes reliable temps! Top o' the stairs pic is TOOO CUTE!! He is just such a cutie!

Lottie - Neve and Henry are ADORABLE!! Aww, they look like they are best buds! Very sweet!

Allie - What a handsome little man!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allie, the fever is definitely kicking his butt. Today, it's 102-103.5. We couldn't get it down with Ibuprofen alone so we gave Acetaminophin a few hours later. I think part of the issue is his weight - he probably should be getting a bit more so I'm going to ask the doctor for a new dosage when we go again tomorrow. N stopped nursing about 4 weeks ago but I started giving him my frozen BM on Friday. Maybe that will help him over this hump.

LV, I'll mention that to the doctor. He was on Amoxicillin from 11/7 to 11/14 then Augmentin (which is just Amox plus something else) from the evening of the 14th until his last dose on Wednesday night. The fever returned in the MOTN Friday into Saturday. If it is the ears, I have no idea what they're going to do. I remember when I was kid, they did drops. Do they not do those anymore?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results